Altarum Institute is seeking a Business Development Intern in our Washington, DC office during the 2013 summer. The Business Development Intern will be responsible for supporting efforts in identifying future business opportunities for the firm and providing overall support to the Business Development Team. This position reports directly to the Director of Contracts and Proposal Management. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the fundamentals of government contracting and take on responsibilities that have a direct affect on the business. This is a 3-month student intern opportunity that requires a minimum of 24 hours per week availability.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum’s Internship Program provides interns with challenging work related to their major, encourages professional growth, and is recognized by the Institute as valuable part of our commitment to developing a talented and diverse workforce.
• Project coordination/administrative support
• Data entry/management of various internal tracking and management systems
• Proposal formatting and production in a deadline driven environment
• Proofread and edit proposals to ensure minimum errors within its contents
• Participate in the overall proposal processes
• Research, analyze and assess potential partner companies and industries
• Provide in-depth research on potential business opportunities
• Identify executive level decision makers throughout various agencies and organizations
• Participate in brainstorming sessions, internal discussions and other new opportunity identification efforts
• Other duties as assigned
• A current Junior/Senior from an accredited university or a graduate with a four-year degree (preferably in Business, Management, Economics, or Political Science)
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills including proofreading and editing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and Outlook)
• Strict adherence to rules of confidentiality
• Team-player mentality and ability to work as part of a team towards common goal of attaining new business
• High comfort level in dealing with executive level decision makers with poise, tact, and diplomacy
• Ability to streamline processes, analyze needs, and solve problems
• Proactive approach to areas of responsibility
• Previous business development experience preferred
• Must be able to pass a background check
Altarum Institute integrates objective research and client-centered consulting skills to deliver comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health and health care. A nonprofit, Altarum Institute serves clients in the public and private sectors.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 19 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...