The Business Development Manager or Sales Representative (BDM) sells innovative payroll solutions and services to small and medium sized prospects. The BDM may have a secondary focus on penetrating certain assigned customers with significant growth opportunity, as assigned by management. Reporting to the National Sales Director, the BDM closes and implements growth opportunities of moderate complexity within an assigned geography. The BDMs most important means of interacting with customers and prospects is through face-to-face meetings with CEOs, CFOs and HR Executives. The BDM is responsible for cold calling, prospecting, scheduling meetings and closing payroll and other Lyceum services contracts. The BDM is also responsible for achieving an assigned sales and profit goal. The BDM must be enthusiastic with strong communication skills and positive attitudes.
- Acquires new customers from an assigned geography, and/or a set of names prospects.
- Sells a subset of company products and services to assigned opportunities.
- Refers opportunities for growth in products and services to other company sales resources as appropriate.
- Assist other sales and services resources when called upon by the National Sales Director
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves assigned sales quota
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability
- Achieves new account acquisition targets
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- Reports to the National Sales Director
- BS/BA Degree from accredited institution
- Business to Business (B2B) succesful sales experience
- Experience/knowledge of payroll and benefits systems
- Excellent written skills
- Prior experience in Sales and/or Payroll
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to effectively communicate compelling benefits based on customer needs
- Ability to close deals
Business Development Manager
Northern VA, Baltimore
Arena Technical Resources - 18 months ago