As human capital investments continue to rise, the timing has never been better for seasoned sales professionals to join our company. ESI International is an exciting opportunity for talented sales professionals with experience in selling intangible business solutions to the Fortune 500. As a member of the most respected global provider of project focused training, the Business Development Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Growth Markets. Under their guidance, the incumbent will be coached and guided in selling business focused consultative solutions in a challenging and rewarding environment. S/he will work with globally recognized subject matter experts to sell best practices from a world renowned project focused curriculum with the ultimate goal of helping companies achieve their business results. If you have a strong desire to influence how clients realize their professional goals and objectives, this job is for you!
- Responsible for an annual quota of revenue primarily through sales to new prospects and is considered to be a “hunter” role.
- Develop an annual business plan to meet or exceed assigned goals that clearly links the territory revenue commitment to forecasted revenue opportunities.
- Design customer specific, value-based solutions to ensure that sales objectives for new revenue are attained.
- Develop comprehensive tactics and strategies to maintain a high value prospecting pipeline that includes minimum quantities of regular face-to-face client meetings, proposals and client presentations.
- Execute the business plan and track performance of successfully closed leads and opportunities within ESI’s standard reporting tools.
- Conduct fact finding research (through business periodicals and web sites) to understand each prospect’s business needs that align to ESI solutions before offering any ESI services.
- Act on all sales lead referrals within 24 hours of receipt, and update the lead status within the approved tracking system.
- Build inter-departmental teams to broaden ESI positioning with key clients early in the sales cycle.
- Influence the evaluation criteria to ensure successful bids then respond to requests for proposals in a timely and professional manner.
- Work collaboratively with the Client Delivery Team and the customer support teams to continuously improve customer satisfaction and uncover new business opportunities
- Proven ability and desire to independently pursue new business
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
- Team oriented and willingness to adapt rapidly to internal and external changes
- Excellent presentation skills and outstanding business writing skills
- Successful completion of formal sales training programs
- Excellent working knowledge of general administrative tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and Web related sales tools
- Experience with client relationship management tools such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Willingness to travel (requires a valid driver’s license)
- Undergraduate degree
- A minimum of 5 consecutive years in direct commercial sales, preferably in the consulting or professional services industries
- Demonstrated ability to sell intangible solutions in a professional manner
- Executive selling skills proven through experience selling to senior corporate executives