Business Development |
The successful applicant will work within a team which manages GLOBALFOUNDRIES Semiconductor’s third-party Alliances worldwide in concert with GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ overall product and business strategies, supporting all product development efforts and business organizations. This team is responsible for the development of a superior IP ecosystem, centralized upon the enablement of IP necessary for GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ ongoing competiveness and future business success.
The role requires the candidate to provide business and technical expertise within a team managing collaborative development programs and vendor interactions. In depth knowledge of customer usage scenarios is required to determine return on investment (ROI) from jointly developed technology and IP. In addition to technical elements, a strong business sense and awareness of commercial realities is required to help drive contracts to closure, often under tight time constraints.
To achieve all of this, the candidate must be able to understand GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ overall technology roadmap, business and product strategies, targeted customer requirements, and have experience in managing collaborative relationships to achieve corporate end goals.
· Responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining the business, technical and management relationships between GLOBALFOUNDRIES and collaborative development partner(s).
· Responsible for quantifying ROI from technology development partners by working with the technology research, development and manufacturing teams to assess ROI from the partnership and potential royalties from shipped products.
· Help manage joint technical projects with third-party partners to qualify partner offerings with GLOBALFOUNDRIES world-class process technologies, working closely with colleagues in California, Singapore and Dresden.
· Must be able to establish specific corrective action plans, escalation strategies, and cycle time criteria for each of GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ 3rd party IP partners, ensuring measurable, predictable response times to mutual customers.
· Work collaboratively across many functional departments within GLOBALFOUNDRIES including legal, technology development and finance.
· Bachelor degree with 6 years of experience, Masters degree with 5 years of experience or PhD with 3 years of experience in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline required.
· Seven (7)+ years experience in Intellectual Property and business management required. Experience in contract negotiation and closure desired. Well developed interpersonal skills essential. Experience in developing and managing 3rd party relationship programs helpful. Experience in strategic marketing and/or global account sales helpful.
· The ideal candidate will have pursued a career through technical ranks, followed by a transition into a more business focused role – commonly achieved by experience and proven individual results in Field Sales and/or Marketing in the semiconductor industry. Hiring manager will be focused on the candidate’s ability to think clearly and rationally on their feet, enthusiasm, willingness to learn, but more importantly the ability to adapt that learning and to apply quickly to new and unfamiliar situations with minimal supervision. Preference will be given to candidates who can make an immediate positive impact, yet still have ability and desire to grow into the position.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to professionally conduct business under challenging circumstances. Good overall understanding of the semiconductor and supply chain relationship and dynamics strongly desired. Would suit a candidate with Application Engineering or Marketing experience who has both technical and business experience and who wishes to further develop their business skills. Impeccable oral, and excellent written skills are essential.
· Across functional departments.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers t he flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 21 months ago