Reporting to the Huntsville office, the Business Development Manager, as a member of the rockets, warheads, ordnance, guns, and crew served weapons business development team, is responsible for the identification, development, and capture of new business for the Armaments Strategic Business Unit of GDATP. The successful candidate will work with the team to coordinate and promote new business opportunities including support of business unit strategy formulation, customer and competitor intelligence, new program development and advocacy, specific opportunity strategy development, proposal development and order capture primarily within the US Government. This position is located in Huntsville, Alabama, and will support all key customers located in Huntsville and the Redstone Arsenal community. Key Responsibilities: |
• Establish, develop, and maintain relationships within the Huntsville/Redstone community. Act as interface with all levels of customer representatives including General Officers and senior company executives within the Huntsville/Redstone community.
• Participate in identifying, cultivating and maintaining strategic industrial partner and team mate relationships that support business unit strategy and financial goals.
• Responsible for coordinating GDATP promotional activities within the Huntsville/Redstone community including, but not limited to, active involvement within such organizations and AUSA, AAAA, HAMA, and other local business focus groups.
• Coordinate and assist in the development of orders forecasts, market analyses and pricing strategies.
• Develop technical and market knowledge to expand customer base to other warheads/ordnance prime vendors and other US military customers.
• Assist in coordination of international business promotional activities as required.
• Participate in GDATP attended trade shows and conferences as required.
• Promote aircraft guns and crew served weapons as required within the Huntsville/Redstone community.
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
Openly familiar with the business environment within the Huntsville/Redstone area. Knowledgeable to persons in key positions within the various Redstone based customer groups, local community issues, and local civic organizations. Track record of achieving positive business development within the Huntsville and US government community. Proposal authoring experience. Willingness to travel and learn new market technologies within the GDATP markets.
6 or more years of applicable experience
Ability to represent GDATP professionally and formally. Experience in public speaking and organization a major plus. Customer focused driven individual with track record of successful business planning and development. Military experience highly desirable.
General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products and its US subsidiaries
and operating units operate a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
- 2 years ago - save job
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...