GES seeks a Business Development Manager with proven success in acquiring new clients within the environmental consulting industry.
Our successful candidate will support all business development initiatives for our Atlanta, GA office. Established relationships with key client contacts within the petroleum industry are preferred.
- Plans and directs all aspects of the business development policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Consults with the Site Operations Manager to target new areas and opportunities for business.
- Develops new market initiatives, assesses new markets, and analyzes business opportunities.
- Initiates proposals, negotiates contracts, and closes deals.
- Identifies and tracks market trends and performs competitor research and analysis.
- Generates leads and develops new business opportunities through networking.
- Participates in industry related conferences, exhibitions, associations, and functions.
- Conducts sales presentations and informational seminars for potential clients.
- Researches client satisfaction through consistent communication.
- Oversees the business development budget.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- This position will rely heavily on your technical knowledge, so 4+ years of environmental consulting experience as a Geologist, Scientist or Engineer is required.
- Experience handling business development initiatives within the environmental consulting industry.
- Business Development Experience should include: generating leads, creating proposals, conducting sales presentations, and meeting sales goals.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations within the Southern region of the U.S. is required.
- The demonstrated ability to acquire new clients for an organization. Qualified candidates will also be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain an account for an extended period of time as a result of client satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent communication, analytical, organizational, presentation, and client service skills
- Established relationships with key client contacts within the petroleum industry are preferred.
- Professional certification is a plus
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D