Maxus is a global communications agency that helps marketers build profitable relationships between consumers and their brands.
Our services include communications strategy, digital marketing, direct response media, database management and media planning and buying. We have more than 1,300 people in 55 agencies worldwide, and we're part of GroupM, the world's largest media investment management group that serves as the parent company for all of WPP's media agencies. GroupM's scale creates access to the best media opportunities at the best prices.
At Maxus, we build deeper relationships between consumers and brands; creating more valued communication for businesses and consumers. We call this Relationship Media.
Our approach is rooted in balancing the rigour of data with strategy and ideas, delivering communication that is bold, fresh and grounded. We are passionate about driving deeper engagement in the new communications landscape. We are connected to how and why people watch, read, listen, download, interact with and then distribute media to their friends, families and communities. We keep a step ahead, creating powerful, actionable insights that positively impact the customer decision journey and deliver a clear line of sight to business objectives.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, Maxus, MediaCom, MEC, and MindShare.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
The Role Objective
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting the business development strategies and activities for Maxus N.A. S/he will function as the go-to person for all business development process/product and interact with every discipline within the agency, including senior leadership within Maxus, outside partners, and prospective clients.
Primary (day-to-day) Responsibilities:
- Execute projects as delegated by Business Development Director or leadership within Maxus in the budgeted time frame.
- Support pitch team to help facilitate the presentation development process including timetables, presentation materials and outside resources
- Assist with client pursuits by preparing presentation, pitch books, and writing proposals
- Provide support to the Business Development team on a wide variety of other activities including data compilation assistance, proposals and RFP responses
- Conduct client research to support business development efforts
- Identify and interpret proposal layouts, production and delivery requirements
- Maintain documentation of all proposal efforts, past and present
- Assist in the organization, archiving, and inventorying of new business pitches
- Understand and leverage Maxus’ tools and capabilities, including Relationship Media, in their entirety
- Serve as a point-of-contact for new business prospects; represent the agency at appropriate meetings, events and other networking opportunities
- Participate and play an active role in regular meetings to share best practices, information, problem solving, etc., with team members
- Build and maintain positive and proactive relationships with Maxus leadership, potential clients, and peers
- Attend client specific and departmental meetings
- Attend mandatory Agency Training
- Proactively keep abreast of industry trends and share knowledge with team
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively in all capacities including client pitches and problem solving
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrates Initiative
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while simultaneously directing the work of others
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and take initiative on assigned tasks
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a media, advertising, or marketing agency
- Excellent design aesthetic, creativity and the ability to brief creative resources
- Technical proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications with superior expertise in PowerPoint (able to create templates/master slides) and Access
- Proficient with Photoshop
- Microsoft Office Software (PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Media, advertising, and/or marketing industry knowledge
- Thrives in team environment
- Digitally Savvy: Personally uses digital media, demonstrates passion about emerging media, ability to search and research topics, etc.
The Interview Process
Interview with HR Director and Business Development Director
GroupM - 23 months ago