Increase sales and market share with travel agency accounts to meet or exceed established revenue objectives. Directly accountable for revenue production from assigned geographic area on all major product groups for Holland America Line and Seabourn. Promotes company products to accounts through on-site sales calls, telephone and written communication.
Primary responsibility for territory management and Business Development Representative guidance to ensure long-term relationships are consistent and continue to grow in accordance with Corporate objectives.
Frequent daily contact with Business Development Representative to ensure territory needs are met and opportunities are addressed.
Make 25 physical sales calls per week in specified territory to travel agency accounts. Educate travel agents on Holland America Line products and provide sales and marketing assistance (e.g. develop marketing plans).
Responsible for New Business development. (Corporations, Associations, Churches Clubs, etc to secure Charter/Incentive business.) Lead Generation. Ability to identify and develop any incremental sales opportunities and facilitate accordingly with Business Development Representative.
Ability to re-direct service functions directly to resolution points.
Negotiate group sales contracts using the concession process, when necessary. Direct business to sailings and tours with the most need.
Provide travel agents with promotional materials and collateral as requested. Make recommendations to enhance agency marketing effectiveness.
Primary responsibility for co-op needs and budget management.
Work in conjunction with Divisional Sales Director, PPD; Direct, National Accounts; and Divisional accounts to maintain clear and consistent communication with travel agent accounts to achieve revenue targets.
Conduct sales blitzes to target specific "high-need" sailings.
Lead/ participate in trade shows, seminars, FAMs, etc, as needed.
Provide feedback reports to inform management of competitive conditions, enhance promotional effectiveness and facilitate development of marketing strategies.
Complete tactical survey or projects, as assigned.
Maintain accurate and detailed agency database through SFA.
Remain current on information received by Sales, Marketing and Operations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Holland America Line products
- Minimum of five years of relationship-sales experience in the travel industry, including a track record of revenue growth. Must include experience in retail consumer marketing and broad-based travel agency accounts and/ or distribution systems
- Good organizational, management and communication skills, including public speaking
- Must possess planning, budgeting and forecasting skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be willing to travel frequently and work evenings and weekends
- Expert sales specialist.
- Familiar with current social media platforms and marketing potential assosciated with them
Holland America Line Inc - 30+ days ago