The IBISWorld Opportunity
IBISWorld is growing. Fast. And to keep up with our rapid growth, we’re looking to build on our biggest strength: our people.
IBISWorld is a global company with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Sydney, Melbourne and Beijing. We are the world’s largest publisher of industry research. Our success has created abundant opportunity and we’re looking for the best and brightest to join us as we continue to expand our operations across America.
Our mission is to be the premier provider of high value-added information to the largest and most influential enterprises in the nations where we operate. We do this while maintaining a culture where people are passionate about their work and are surrounded by like-minded, intelligent achievers. Your mission is to find out how you can be a part of our progression and innovation.
Since our inception in the United States, we’ve grown to a multimillion-dollar business, making us one of the fastest-growing small businesses in the United States. We believe that IBISWorld offers a great opportunity for people who share our vision of delivering great value for our customers and for ourselves. We are looking for people who want more than a job – people who are seeking a career. You’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries, find out what you’re really capable of, work with and learn from smart people and enjoy a journey where you will be part of building a world-class organization.
Our Sales Team works in the heart of the Financial District in the Trump Tower on Wall Street where people are rewarded for personal and team success. Does this sound like what you’ve been looking for?
We have opportunities for National Business Development Managers to join our US Sales Team in our New York City location. Business Development Managers will be responsible for a national territory selling our subscription based Industry Research while applying a solution sales approach to match our customer’s needs. IBISWorld provides research reports across a wide variety of industry verticals including finance, consulting, accounting, manufacturing and more.
Aggressively seek out and build new business by researching categories, identifying targets, cold-calling, and networking. Sales are predominately phone-based with a majority of calls being outgoing. The focus of this position is NEW business generation, not account management.
- Target mid to upper-level management in business services type sectors.
- Identifying customer pain points and offering consultative solutions that match IBISWorld's product.
- Deliver live and web-based presentations and training sessions to prospective clients.
- Make outbound phone calls to generate new accounts and push other prospects along the sales cycle.
- Achieve and exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Develop knowledge of products through internal training
- Log and track opportunities and activities using Salesforce.com
- Experience selling business intelligence, market research, and subscription based services is a plus.
- Ability to facilitate complex sales with longer sales cycles.
- 5-7+ years of sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven success dealing directly with various levels of clientele, especially C-level executives.
- Proven sales cycle - ability to manage all stages of the sales cycle from prospect to close.
- Ability to manage an opportunity pipeline.
- Proven track record in high productivity and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and verbal communication.
- Proactive outgoing nature with a positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel domestically for client visits and events as necessary.
- Competitive base salary (D.O.E) + uncapped commissions & bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: 401k, medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as commuter benefits, paid vacation, life and disability insurance.
- No phone calls please. IBISWorld is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume through IBISWorld.com/careers.
Since 1971 IBISWorld has provided thoroughly researched, accurate and current business information. Today, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Sydney, Melbourne and Beijing, IBISWorld employs a team of dedicated expert analysts that research economic, demographic and government data so businesses don’t have to. We provide organizations with invaluable insight into America’s 1000+ industries, so our clients can make better business decisions, faster. IBISWorld is expanding its operations in the US. We are a fast-growing company that rewards results and hard work. We take pride in our corporate culture, where people enjoy their work knowing they will be rewarded for personal and team success.