The Industry and Assurance division of Intertek Group is a global end-to-end services provider of technical verification, second party auditing, supplier evaluation, conformity assessment, asset integrity management, consulting and system certification. We serve a wide variety of industries, including food and agriculture, oil, gas, (petro-) chemical, power, renewable energy and civil & infrastructure.
The opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager in the Food and Agri Services, Industry and Assurance Division , to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences, and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
Location: St. Rose, LA
Contributing as a key member of the Business Development team, playing a leadership role in developing additional business opportunities and provide client contact in a supporting role with our Service Champions.
- Identify and pursue qualified business opportunities within the food science industry, both within our current client base and with new customer acquisitions.
- Collaborate with management team, develop service packages and value propositions by product and market;
- Monitor, in conjunction with management teams, laboratory capacity levels to ensure ample staffing, facilities availability to meet customer expectations, service- and product-specific value propositions, and revenue goals, month-on-month and quarter-on-quarter.
- Identify and develop, with management team, new service lines and corresponding value propositions to drive revenue and market share gains;
- Identify and cultivate prospect pipeline to open new revenue producing opportunities through grassroots efforts and marketing;
- Proactively manage client pipeline and throughput to exceed client satisfaction and turnaround goals, and maximize revenue opportunities month-on-month, quarter-on-quarter;
- Oversee the writing and submission of all client proposals and presentations to ensure they are in line with Intertek’s brand.
- Must ensure that proposals meet the RFP requirements.
- Close the sale
- Maintain current clients
- Responsible for evaluating potential business, structuring the deals, negotiating all terms and then closing deals to meet established sales goals.
- Drive implementation of systems, processes and reporting tools for pipeline management – throughout lead to quote to order cycle – for both strategic sales and transactional business;
- Create and maintain appropriate sales reports and forecasts and provide business plans to support the sales efforts.
- Monitor and report key business development metrics, recommend necessary actions to enhance revenue and profitability;
- This role involves significant input into the strategic direction and selection of the company’s product pipeline and portfolio.
- Provide client feedback and analysis for R&D on new products and services to further promote Intertek’s value in the marketplace.
- Management and upkeep of assigned Client Relationship Management (CRM) data and support senior management on CRM functions.
- Management of client functions (technical and social), as required.
- Must be able to present effective presentations to clients and conferences/seminars
- BS. Degree in Food Sciences or Equivalent Work Experience
- Prefer 5+ years successful account management or service sales experience directly related to the market and assigned accounts of the specific position.
- Strong experience in new service, new product development to customer/market needs.
- Proven track record of territory growth and individual account growth preferred
- Working knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office) is essential
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and assertive and have the ability to work independently
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and perform all clerical functions inherent to the position
Intertek offers a culture where motivated and customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
- Command of business management processes; strong business background.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Must be able to travel and has a valid passport - travel more than 50% of the time
- Good customer service awareness and keen interest in the technical and the commercial side of the business
- Capable to engage client Senior Management/Executives on business related functions.
Intertek - 15 months ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...