Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels. We operate 400 retail stores, sell through over 2,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's.
Within our Sales channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors and home owners and have built strong customer loyalty based on exceptional product and excellent customer service. If you are interested in finding out more about careers with PPG Architectural Coatings, please visit us at www.ppg.com/accareers .
The Business Development Manager is responsible for servicing and retaining customer accounts within a specified geographic territory as well as driving new sales through assigned stores. This will enable the BDM to focus on existing business to reduce churn and increase customer loyalty. Additionally, the BDM will be responsible for growing both existing business year-over-year and identifying and developing new accounts within their geographic territory.
Expectations for this role include:
· Through customer service excellence, service existing customer accounts assigned to specified territory
· Maintain regular contact with customers to understand needs and to identify business opportunities
· Ensure follow-up and response to customer needs in a timely manner
· In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager and in response to customer needs, facilitate product recommendations, application and performance and color
· Develop account planning strategy to cultivate sales of customers with most growth potential
· Utilize SAGE sales tool to manage accounts, maintain call logs and contact info, run reports, etc.
· Partner with Store Managers and other store employees to ensure customers needs are met or exceeded
· Work with the PPG credit department to manage customer debt
· Develop good understanding of customer base and the segments they service
· In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager, facilitate timely and accurate customer quotations to achieve margin targets in alignment with PPG pricing strategies
· Manage personal expenses to reduce unnecessary expenditures
Offers Unique Perspective
· Reframes and challenges the way customers view their businesses.
· Aligns insights to key customer priorities and ties those insights back to PPG's unique differentiators.
Drives Two-Way Communication
· Clearly articulates PPG's value proposition and engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities.
· Reads non-verbal cues and identifies unanticipated customer needs.
· Can coordinate and secure buy-in from internal stakeholders.
Knows Customer Value Drivers
· Has a deep knowledge of customer business and can discuss issues from multiple angles.
· Is comfortable talking to a wide range of decision influencers.
· Successfully links PPG capabilities to individual goals to overcome barriers to purchase.
Can Identify Economic Drivers
· Keenly tracks economic and industry activity and understands its implications on customer business, including potential new business opportunities.
· Educates customers on industry trends and best practices adopted by peer companies.
Is Comfortable Discussing Money
· Knows how PPG and competitor offerings are priced and is aware of the customer's budget.
· Clearly links the value of PPG's products and services with the deal price to overcome pricing objections.
· Recognizes when to walk away from a deal.
Can Pressure the Customer
· Understands the decision-making process and has the ability to influence key decision-makers.
· Preempts stakeholder objections and pushes the customer to a favorable outcome.
· Develops customer advocates who sell and build consensus on PPG's behalf.
· 2-4 years of sales or stores operations experience with demonstrated customer service acumen
· A 2 or 4 year degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
· Previous coatings experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications
· Bilingual candidates are encouraged
· Must possess a valid Driver's License and have maintained a motor vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by PPG
· Availability to work and travel within assigned territory 80% of time. Periodic evening hours required for trade organization meetings and customer events.
· Ability to analyze territory performance reports and develop sales territory business plans.
· Ability to calculate discounts and profit associated with selling price; to calculate commissions associated with territory performance; to take measurements and calculate surface area associated with making product volume estimates.
In addition to significant career growth opportunities, full-time employees enjoy a competitive salary, commission plan, 401k, life, health, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
PPG prides itself on the quality of it's employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) is a global supplier of protective and decorative coatings. The Company operates in six segments: Performance...