IDENTIFY AND PURSUE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES WITH CURRENT AND NEW CLIENTS
- Maintain and build relationships with current accounts.
- Develop new service opportunities with biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Promote SGS’ image and service listings in a way which will further the company’s objectives.
- Visit not less than 15 accounts per month.
- Participate in arranging and hosting current client and prospective client visits.
- Anticipate and resolve potential client problems.
- Ensure that any client complaints are forwarded to the appropriate individual(s) and ultimately resolved in a prompt and professional manner.
Vice President of Sales
PARTICIPATE IN STRATEGIC AND BUSINESS DECISIONS RELATING TO SALES AND NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
IDENTIFY AND ASSIST WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SERVICE LISTINGS THROUGH VARIOUS CHANNELS
- Call on existing customers to sell and support SGS LSS small molecule and biologics suite of services
- Research new customers, prospect for new customers using the internet, phone and personal visits
- Participate and prepare sales goals each fiscal year and track the progress to ensure that the objectives are met.
- Assist in decisions involving price structure and price negotiations.
- Oversee SGS’ procedure for issuing clients and prospects with pricing proposals.
- Review and or prepare contracts as required. (Master Service Agreements, etc.)
CONDUCT MARKET RESEARCH ACTIVITIES AS REQUIRED
- Make recommendations on the most effective trade shows for SGS.
- Work with executive management and the operational staff to successfully launch new services.
- Assist in the preparation of promotional company literature.
TRAINING AND INTERNAL STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Report on developments in the market place and competitor activities.
- Identify and make recommendations to SGS executive management as appropriate on new market opportunities.
- Participate in training sessions for staff on issues pertaining to client service and sales.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures that pertain to business development and sales.
- Participate in activities that are needed to support the functions of the sales staff.
- Four year degree in relevant field (e.g. business, marketing, life science). Advance degree preferred (MBA, MS).
- Five years of business development experience in CRO / pharmaceutical development sales/marketing required.
- Business development experience with pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS OR TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Must have excellent organizational skills; must be able to prioritize diverse tasks.
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills; must be able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner.
- Must be proficient with computer database software (SalesLogix) and MS Office.
- Must have an understanding for microbiology and analytical chemistry.
- Effective negotiation and sales skills.
- Small business skills – negotiation/selling/forecasts/financial transactions.
- People management skills.
- Independent thinking.
- Self motivated.
- Positive attitude.
- Negotiation skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be a self-starter.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- We offer competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, Retirement plans and opportunities for growth!
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer