The Sales Zone has been asked to recruit for a Business Development Manager for our client located in Arlington, VA. This position can be home-based anywhere in the Greater Washington, DC/Baltimore area. Initially, during the onboarding process it will be necessary for you to spend time at their corporate headquarters in Virginia.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for growing revenues by selling to federal government entities. We are looking for both DoD and Civillian sales people. Solution set includes project management training, program management, and contracts management training & consulting.
The BDM is responsible for annual quota attainment of new revenue through sales to net new customers as well as to existing customers through the development of additional program offerings. This position is also responsible for identifying customer needs, following through on the development of targeted accounts, and recommending an overall solution to address individual client requirements in a consultative fashion.
This position pays a base of $70k to $85k (depending on experience) and drives first year OTE of $120k. There is no cap on commissions and total compensation accelerates in years two and beyond.
- Develop a sales plan for assigned existing and targeted accounts, and design customer specific, value-based solutions to ensure that monthly sales objectives for new revenues are attained.
- Develop profiles of targeted customer prospects and formulate customer contact strategy that may include face-to-face meetings, industry association membership, and/or trade show participation.
- Develop territory management plan that links the companys revenue commitment to forecasted revenue opportunities. Identify any gaps and design targeted approach to fill the gap.
- Execute business sales plan and track performance of successfully closed leads and opportunities.
- Conduct fact finding (through business periodicals and web sites) to determine prospect needs.
- Act on sales lead referrals from Telesales, instructor evaluations, et al, within 24 hours of receipt, and update status in tracking system.
- Build inter-departmental team to broaden the companys positioning with key clients early on in the sales cycle.
- Respond to requests for proposals in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with program management and customer support teams to maintain customer satisfaction and uncover new opportunities.
- A fully updated LinkedIn profile with membership in relevant industry groups.
- Minimum of 3 years in government sales preferably in the training, consulting, or professional services industries.
- Selling skills proven through experience selling to senior executives in government agencies.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Proven ability and desire to aggressively pursue new business.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent presentation skills and outstanding business writing skills.
The Sales Zone was founded in March of 2000. Since that time, we have remained committed to finding customer-facing talent in the areas of...