We have a current opening for Business Development Managers for the greater Chicago market! Our client is the recognized leader in innovative project management, contract management, business analysis, sourcing management training and business skills training. Our client provides complete integrated solutions designed to help clients improve business performance. The firms high-quality training and professional services allow corporate and government organizations around the world to develop their employees talents, consistently implement strategic plans and improve their internal systems and processes.
About Us--Why Work with The Sale Zone
The Sales Zone is premiere search organization focused on helping our clients grow by identifying and placing top talent in the areas of leadership, sales, marketing and business development. Our success comes in part from developing a deep understanding of the positions and clients for which we work, and partnering with clients and candidates in the search process to ensure a great fit from both perspectives. Founded in 2000, we work across a range of industries and markets, and clients include Global 50 brands, emerging technology companies and everything in between. For consideration and a confidential discussion of your credentials, please submit your resume and a cover letter. If you have the skills, experience required for the role, we would love to talk to you.
This position is a hybrid one: home-based with a satellite office in Chicago so the opportunity to interface with other sales people exists.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for growing revenues by selling to large commercial customersprimarily the Fortune 501 to 1000+. The BDM is responsible for monthly quota attainment of new revenue through sales to new customers as well as to some existing customers. Attainment of sales objectives will be achieved through cold calling, networking, customer relationship development, on-going customer stewardship, and targeted prospecting.
The role is responsible for identifying customer needs, following through on the development of targeted accounts, and recommending an overall solution to address individual client requirements.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Developing a sales plan for assigned existing and targeted accounts. Designing customer-specific, value-based solutions to ensure that monthly sales objectives for new revenues are attained.
- Developing profiles of targeted customer prospects and formulating a customer contact strategy that may include face-to-face meetings, industry association membership, and/or trade show participation.
- Developing a territory management plan that links revenue commitment to forecasted revenue opportunities, identifying any gaps and designing targeted approach to fill the gap.
- Executing business sales plans and tracking performance of successfully closed leads and opportunities.
- Conducting fact finding (through Internet research including virtual publications and social media as well and through traditional print periodicals and company web sites) to determine prospect business issues, industry trends, and client needs.
- Acting on sales lead referrals from telesales, instructor evaluations, and other resources within 24 hours of receipt and updating status into Salesforce.com.
- Building inter-departmental team relationships to broaden positioning with key clients early-on in the sales cycle.
- Presenting sales proposals to the prospect or customer decision-maker.
- Completing post-sales hand-off to Program Management, with an organized package of information. Continuing customer contact along with Program Manager to ensure customer satisfaction and uncover new opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years in sales preferably in one of the following areas: Software, training, e-learning, consulting, professional services, or similar
- Requisite professionalism required to call on executives within the Fortune 1000 and privately held equivalents
- Executive selling skills required to senior executives
- Undergraduate degree required
- Proven ability and desire to aggressively pursue new business
- Proven commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
The Sales Zone - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Sales Zone was founded in March of 2000. Since that time, we have remained committed to finding customer-facing talent in the areas of...