The main responsibility of this position is to provide design leadership, product development, and business development in the commercial indoor climate market segment.
This support will lead to successful specification of Uponor products in commercial projects, relevant to radiant cooling, heating, snowmelting, hydronic distribution piping, frost prevention, turf conditioning, geothermal, solar, and other specialty applications in the commercial construction marketplace.
Other responsibilities include assisting the commercial products team with developing technical literature for specification development, assisting with building control product design and development, and promoting Uponor capabilities to industry organizations such as ASHRAE, USGBC, and others. In addition, the position will seek new sources of revenue associated with project design and consulting services in the following areas: Customer training and CEU credit, energy audit and inspection services, LEED credit assessment and analysis, system failure analysis, building control integration, and overall system design.
- Engages with the commercial sales team to specify Uponor products in project applications specific to Uponor market focus.
Specification activities focused on daily contact with building design engineers, architects, and commercial building owners.
- Works directly with the commercial products team to develop technical literature for application and specification development, pilot testing new products, assists with training, and awareness building marketing tools and programs for emerging applications such as radiant cooling.
- Leads the organization with the development of a project based business model, providing input to the senior product manager and channel marketing to help define key strategies.
- Works directly with the Indoor Climate Business Team with development and representation in ASHRAE and other professional organizations, and promotes Uponor capabilities to industry organizations.
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives.
Requires a Bachelor?s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5-10 years related experience in mechanical engineering design related to building HVAC systems.
Must have an understanding of hydronic controls and an in depth understanding of radiant applications and radiant design.
Must have sales related experience with assisting customers and have customer service skills.
Software product management or development experience, HVAC background and systems operation and CAD/computer skills, and technical writing skill experience preferred.
Knowledge of DDC system applications and commissioning a bonus.
Uponor - 30+ days ago
At the core of Uponor is its plastic pipe operations, some 55% of sales, to be precise. The group is a global supplier of plumbing and...