The M&C Oil and Gas Business Development Manager is the primary point of responsibility for the client relatiopnship. Oil & Gas BDM's function is to identify unique characteristic and create packages for each region in relationship to management, business development, and client satisfaction with assigned client(s). Is responsible for all new services and solutions from inception to contract closure. The Upstream Business Development Manager coordinates the relationship to ensure Yokogawa's solutions are acceptable.
- Develops and manages targeted Upstream Strategic Accounts that provide significant potential for Yokogawa Solutions. Within these accounts, pursue projects and develop partnering and/or buying agreements that fulfill the account's automation needs and the business requirements of Yokogawa.
- Work directly with our sales channel partners and RSMs on coordination of stocking programs, projects and MRO pursuits.
- Prepares realistic, aggressive and effective sales growth and strategic sales plans to maximize orders. Plans will include a clear strategy and specific actions to meet the plan objectives.
- Prepares and delivers professional technical/sales presentations and demonstrations to all levels of the account's organization, including senior and executive management.
- Assists with the managing of YCA resources to accomplish successful account and project pursuits across business units, territorial and regional lines.
- Responsible for controlling critical financial aspects of the assigned accounts such as pricing and discount levels, travel costs, budgets, and other related cost control items.
- Will develop and maintain a knowledge base of Yokogawa hardware and solutions.
- Takes the lead as required to coordinate the sales pursuit by involving third party sales rep or YCA sales resources to properly pursur a major account or project.
- Drives new business through the identification, development, negotiation, and closure of service agreements with prospects and clients, and participates in the subsequent maintenance of client relationships.
- Target potential leads, qualify them, and lead the YCA pursuit team in crafting and positioning the opportunity. Product, Services and Solution agreements will encompass all YCA offerings and range in scale from short-term consulting engagements to complex, multi-service, multi-year and global partnerships.
- Travel up to 50%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five 5+ years selling and strategic account management, Oil & Gas preferred. Experience in Process Control instrumentation and systems. Minimum of five years of high level consultative selling, relationship building, major account pursuit and partnering agreement development. Strong contract negotiations and closing skills. Strong process control products and systems knowledge. Must be a "road warrior".
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each task satisfactorily. The individual must possess excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the environment is reasonable.
Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is required to talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include depth perception, ability to adjust focus, close vision, and color vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Yokogawa Corporation of America - 9 months ago
Yokogawa Electric really knows how to measure up. The company is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation and control systems...