Business Development Manager
Scope of Position
This position is focused on pursuing new energy business in the Federal Market, primarily with the Department of Defense customer. The intermediate term goal is to penetrate the entire Federal market including other Departments and Agencies such as the Departments of Energy, Interior, State, the General Services Administration, and the Defense Logistics Agency. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to leadership of capture teams, development of winning strategies, coordinating subject matter experts (SME), teaming strategy, value proposition, competitive analysis, and positioning EDF Renewable Energy to be the successful bidder. The successful candidate will have an understanding of Business Development and Capture processes. Specific experience leading teams to capture competitive pursuits is essential.
The candidate must be capable of developing (with SME support) solutions for target opportunities. Managing relationships with customers, partners, and staff is as important as solution development. The Capture manager is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting vehicles and procurement processes. Candidate must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
Reports to: Director
Division/Department: Government Energy Solutions
Location: San Diego, CA
Approximately 30% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Adobe etc.), telephones, and general office equipment. 70% of the time is spent in the regions or onsite with clients creating and closing business opportunities and generating Government proposal efforts. Fulfills all delegated tasks many of which may be loosely associated with the primary assignment of the job description.
• Responsibilities extend across all phases of Business Development including; market analysis, marketing to customers, capture plan development and execution, and proposal development.
• Develop winning strategies to capture new business with customers within the DOD and other parts of the Federal government
• Develop and implement contact plans with senior government officials, Commands and Bases in support of GES’s integrated capture strategy
• Work with Corporate team members and Regional units to lead capture plans, preparing briefings and presentations, proposal planning and staffing, and technical, oral and cost proposal execution
• De-conflict Business Development priorities
• Bachelor’s Degree: Business or technical degree from an accredited college
• Master’s or Post-Graduate preferred
• Proven Track Record in Opportunity Identification; Demonstrated success in prospecting, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities.
• Proven Track Record in Capture Planning; Track record of successfully building capture plans, capture strategies and leading capture teams.
• Proven Track Record in Building Relationships; Ability to develop customer intimacy through existing relationships, relationships built quickly, teaming or using SMEs/consultants.
• Five or more years of Business Development experience with the Defense Industry, and a track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
• Civilian Business Development Experience a Plus
• Ability to articulate complex issues through succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
• Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style
• Deep understanding of Federal markets
• Working knowledge or demonstrated ability to quickly learn renewable energy
• Developing winning solutions that meets client’s technical criteria and competitive price targets.
• Assisting in the negotiations of mutually agreeable contract terms
• Managing EDF Renewable Energy’s internal approval processes
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and ability to work well in a team environment with proven attention to detail and project management experience.
• Ability to travel internationally, upon request
• Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
• Formal training in structured proposal development (e.g. Shipley) a plus
• Willing to work flexible schedules as required including nights weekends and holidays.
• Willingness to embrace and defend a culture of respect, communication and accountability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EDF Renewable Energy - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
EDF Renewable Energy is a leading U.S. independent power producer with more than 25 years of expertise in the renewable industry, covering...