PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
PATH seeks a Business Development Officer to support PATH's business development efforts with multiple donors, including United States government, other governments, foundations and corporations. This position will focus on gathering new business intelligence and proposal implementation, requiring both strategic and tactical levels of support. S/he will work both internally across the organization as well as externally with donors and partners. Duties may require domestic and international travel approximating 25% time and a flexible work schedule to permit for either early morning or late evening teleconference calls or assignments.
- Providing a full continuum of business development support services (from intel gathering through proposal management and production) to assigned programs.
- Building close business development relationships with assigned programs, ensuring delivery of the full life cycle of business development services.
- Developing longer-range business plans with assigned programs.
- Representing the program and PATH in business development efforts, including institutional partnering
- Providing short and long term assistance in business intelligence/capture planning.
- Serving as project administrator and communication liaison with consortium partners and internally at PATH.
- Analyzing debriefings and previous project work.
- Providing analysis and recommendations for bid decisions.
- Acquiring approval of needed resources and assurance of availability (proposal team, budget, personnel, facilities, etc.).
- Maintaining proposal quality and ensuring total proposal compliance.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills across the business development continuum from trend analysis, strategy development through proposal development, production, compliance and delivery.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in managing communication with partners and donors.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills including good public speaking and presentation skills. Able to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and external partners and donors.
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills required including Microsoft Office, Visio, SharePoint and SalesForce
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
BA and at least three-years business development experience, including proposal management is required. Demonstrated expertise developing proposals for US Government grants and contracts as well as for European donors; private foundations and corporations is also a requirement. Demonstrated history of success in winning awards and demonstrated experience organizing teams to produce high-quality proposals on tight deadlines are a must. Experience working internationally and in diverse cultural environments. Demonstrated knowledge of proposal rules, regulations and processes is necessary. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to lead, delegate and work well in a team environment with program and technical staff, as well as external partners.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an international, nonprofit organization, which creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide...