Identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with outside business partners. Sources potential customers; determines demand for services; studies competition and overall industry for emerging changes and practices in the industry. Develops pricing strategies to maximize firm profits or share of the market. Monitors trends that may indicate a need for new products and services. Works with other department managers to implement business development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides sales and business development activities through leads, RFPs, RFQs, IFBs, etc.
2. Develops strategic tactics to generate leads and bid opportunities, including sales activities, bid development and research, and proposal development.
3. Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
4. Consult with buying personnel and vendors to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
5. Represents firm at various activities, including bidders conferences, trade shows, networking functions, presentations, client meetings, etc.
6. Compiles corporate communications with the objective of enhancing company image, advertising and other public relations, and overall marketing strategies.
7. Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
8. Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services.
9. Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
10. Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
11. Develops corporate imagery and brand specifications, including product development and design specifications.
12. Conducts research and development to identify potential markets for services, as well as industry trends, and competitive offerings.
13. Develops and maintains corporate marketing materials, such as proposals, brochures and other external and internal materials.
14. Assists management in developing other programs and communications to enhance Diamond's corporate image and profile.
15. Conducts site visits as needed, and makes recommendations to management.
16. Performs other duties as requested by the President/CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: To be successful in this position, the incumbent must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education and Experience:
1. BS/BS degree for a college or university in business, finance or marketing preferred; (specific job-related experience may be substituted for college education), plus
2. Three or more years of related experience;
3. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures and terminology of position.
1. Understand and speak English to communicate and interact effectively with supervisor, co-workers and customers.
2. The ability to read, understand and communicate complex documents including requests for proposals, requests for quotes, safety rules, regulations, procedures, inspection lists, charts, chemical compounds and work directions.
3. The ability to represent the company in a professional manner in all communications and public presentations.
4. The ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment with constantly changing demands.
5. The ability to work safely in accordance with company and job site safety procedures.
6. The ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings to meet the demands of the position.
7. The ability to exercise sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
1. Safe driving record and proof of current auto insurance required.
2. The incumbent/employee must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test with periodic retesting requirements during the course of his or her employment with Diamond Contract Services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to bend, sit, stand, squat, stoop, walk, push, pull, reach with hands and arms at shoulder level or below, use hands to finger, handle and/or feel objects, tools or controls, speak and hear.
2. Occasionally required to kneel, climb and reach with hands and arms above shoulder level, lift up to 25 pounds.
3. Required to drive during day and/or evening hours, which requires excellent hand-to-eye coordination and quick reactions for demands of traffic conditions while driving.
1. Employees are responsible for performing their duties in an environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation, coercion or harassment, including sexual harassment.
2. Work may be performed indoor, outdoors or both.
3. As part of the job, the employee may be periodically exposed to dirt, dust, disinfectants, solvents or cleaning chemicals.
4. Noise level may be low to high depending on the equipment used.
5. The employee may be required to report to more than one work site in a given shift.
6. The employee may work continuous and/or split shift hours, including varying shifts in a given week.
7. The employee must at all times adhere to the company’s and work site’s safety and environmental protection practices by performing work safely and in accordance with established standards.
8. The employee must at all times maintain a drug/alcohol free workplace in accordance with company requirements.
DIAMOND CONTRACT SERVICES, INC. - 6 months ago