The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a member of the Strategic Client Group. This team is responsible for business development and relationship management responsibilities over key intermediary relationships in North America.
The BDR serves as an integral internal resource to a team of Business Development Managers (BDM). They will provide support by delivering sales and marketing ideas in support of North American Distribution (NAD) business initiatives.
Partners with BDMs in the development, execution and monitoring of firm specific business plans and business development efforts
various internal and external audiences
- Works closely with BDMs to develop and implement annual firm specific business plans
- Acquires and analyzes ongoing industry and firm specific information and intelligence
- Helps coordinate, secure resources and communicate firm specific business plans and updates to
- Compiles information and analytics for mid-year business plan reviews and changes
- Leads internal conference calls and meetings to ensure effective internal communications and
Provides tailored sales and marketing support to client firms, BDMs and the various sales forces within NAD
various internal databases containing firm specific information and updates
- Staying current on firm’s initiatives, investment themes and marketing campaigns
- Leads efforts with client firms to approve new marketing materials, campaigns and product launches
- Provides effective firm specific information and insights to NAD sales forces including overseeing
Serves as a point of contact for client firms and BDMs on requests that require internal follow up and coordination
Develops, maintains and manages contacts and relationships
- Assists BDMs with internally communicating important firm developments and business issues
- Assists BDMs with preparation prior to and after key client meetings and events
deepen the team’s coverage of a firm
- Coordinates with BDMs to identify and develop their own firm contacts and relationships to further
Performs additional responsibilities as assigned Hiring Criteria
- Attends client meetings and events (either with the BDM or solo) as necessary and appropriate
- Serves as a day-to-day point of contact for clients
- At times, represent the BDM in various internal meetings, conference calls and projects
Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in areas of moderate complexity.
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
Demonstrates effectiveness in leading/facilitating a variety of meetings.
Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity.
Demonstrates ability to influence others.
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders, and a diverse group of individuals outside the organization.
Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the mutual fund industry. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the department/business area.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of NAD products and services and ability to apply this knowledge to work assignments.
Capital Group Companies - 14 months ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...