The responsibility of the Business Development Representative is to create qualified appointments for the Modus sales team through phone and email prospecting of identified accounts.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be expected to do the following;
- Lead by example - All salespeople must lead by example. Lead by example includes but is not limited to following the strategy, process and methodology agreed to by the sales leadership team. In addition it means conducting all of your activities with integrity, honesty and discipline. It also means doing whatever is necessary, whenever it is necessary to advance Modus towards reaching its goals
- Sales Activity – adhere, monitor, analyze and enforce weekly activity to ensure that you are putting yourself in enough selling opportunities to create a sufficient pipeline to deliver the weekly and monthly assigned qualified meeting targets
- Targeting – ensure you have sufficient number of target opportunities to create the required weekly and monthly assigned qualified meeting targets
- Prospecting – ensure that you are prospecting regularly such that you create the required number of weekly and monthly assigned qualified meeting targets
- Pipeline – develop your pipeline so that you can achieve the required number of weekly and monthly assigned qualified meeting targets
- SalesForce.com – enter all of your data into SFDC daily and use SFDC to send emails, communicate with prospects and assign tasks and opportunities
- Preparation – ensure that you are prepared for each and every customer engagement to extract the most value from each customer interaction. This includes but is not limited customer research, meeting agendas, material preparation, meeting plan for each meeting including goals, objectives, questions and defined next step.
- Educate – embrace a culture of learning. Active participate and be engaged in regular training that improves your selling skills, industry knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Lead from the front – be engaged with prospects during the hours of 830am and 5pm Monday - Friday
- Activity – engage prospects through email and phone to achieve the required number of weekly and monthly assigned qualified meeting targets. Phone activity of at least 40 dials per day and 40 emails
- Quota attainment – deliver at least 8 qualified meetings per week from assigned call list
- Pipeline – ramp of your prospect pipeline such that you are able to achieve 8 qualified meetings per week
In 2013 your assignment will be to create an effective outbound telemarketing program that generates at least 8 qualified meetings per week for Modus salespeople to participate in. In addition, assist the Director, Sales Operations in creating a telemarketing program that can be replicated so we can bring on additional Business Development Representatives
- Must have demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment is a must.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively multi-task.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Incumbents must also be proficient in negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must have solid business acumen and awareness of how internal practices impact customers.
- Strong background or understanding of the legal industry
- Minimum 5 years sales experience
Modus is an eDiscovery services provider. Some of the world’s largest corporations and AMLAW 200 law firms trust Modus to solve tough...