Proofpoint is looking for a Business Development professional to become an integral part of our Sales organization. This person will act as the first contact for many prospects, helping drive new Business for the Proofpoint sales force. They will diligently work leads in a proactive manner and will be responsible for meeting sales pipeline targets in their assigned territory. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record and wants to be part of a winning team in a fast-paced growing organization.
- Qualify and develop inbound and outbound sales leads and respond to product inquiries
- Manage email campaigns to generate new sales prospects
- Complete accurate tracking of communication with current and potential customers in Salesforce.com
- Schedule demonstrations between Sales Representatives and potential customers
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking: Ability to analyze business opportunities and read situations well. Capable of developing compelling strategies that deliver results. gathers and uses data to inform decision making and persuade others.
- Leadership: Always focused on doing whatŸ??s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Creates an environment where others want to follow. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics and unswerving integrity.
- Accountability: Sets goals and drives to their fulfillment. Takes responsibility for their actions and for outcomes related to their actions (or inactions). Wants to be held accountable for successes and failures. Shares the credit and takes the blame.
- Communication: Able to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Is honest, open, and thoughtful in word and in action. Able to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization. Able to clearly communicate process expectations and value to prospects.
- Connecting: Able to find common ground and gain personal and professional trust.
- Discernment: Ability to correctly read people, political and business situations and develop, adjust and execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Creative Problem Solving: Never gives up. Continually finds ways to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with others and gives coaching and advice when you see an opportunity for improvement in performance. Shares information addresses conflict professionally and fulfills commitments. Works exceptionally well across functional groups. Recognize that we are a team and take the time to invest in colleagues to make everyone stronger
- Must have 2+ years recent business development or inside sales experience in a large-volume enterprise account team. Previous experience with solutions that can be deployed in private or public clouds a strong plus.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) as well as organizational skills
- Requires highly motivated individual with a competitive personality and strong attention to detail
- Experience working and succeeding in a goal-driven environment
- Excellent academic qualifications; Bachelor's Degree Required