The Business Development Residential Loan Officer (BDRLO) consults with potential borrower’s to offer lending solutions that meet their home financing needs and promotes Stanford Federal Credit Union (SFCU) and its financial services. The BDRLO is responsible for generating new Real Estate loans and cross sells Stanford FCU products and services to borrowers. Responsibilities include generating quality loan originations utilizing referral sources, member solicitation, business development referrals, and other proven lead generation practices. Actively participates in certain credit union/community activities with immediate Supervisor and/or Relationship Managers to build awareness of Stanford FCU mortgage and other financial products. The BDRLO maintains an accurate understanding of approved Stanford FCU Mortgage products and underwriting guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Generate new loan originations through external sources and outside sales efforts including but not limited to: member and non-member solicitation, Real Estate Professional referrals, assigned SEG’s, community activities, referral business partnerships and other self-generated referral sources.
• Originates investment quality loans available for sale to secondary mortgage markets.
• Has proven expertise of SFCU, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other approved Investor(s) regarding loan policies, procedures and program knowledge.
• Consult with borrowers about their financial situation, financial and personal objectives and lending needs for the purpose of helping them achieve their home ownership goals.
This includes collecting and analyzing information about the borrower’s financial situation, financial and personal objectives, tolerance for risk and change, plans for the future, income, assets, debts, cash flow, and credit history.
• Analyze financial information for borrower’s to make recommendations about which lending solutions would best meet the borrower’s financial and personal objectives. Advise borrowers about the benefits and risks of alternative lending solutions.
• Promote Stanford Federal Credit Unions (SFCU) brand, and promote SFCU as the provider for lending and other financial solutions. This includes promoting SFCU and its financial services to real estate agencies, SEG’s, financial planners, other referral sources, and members. Will conduct Marketing presentations to referral sources at internal and external events.
• Work as a team with other Financial Center personnel.
• Refer borrowers who seek financial services other than lending solutions to the appropriate SFCU professionals. Maintain a high level of customer service, cross-selling other bank services while adhering to regulatory compliance, bank policies, and procedures.
• Review completed loan files for any discrepancies in income, appraised value, credit, and other underwriting criteria.
• Partner with Operations team to ensure the seamless transfer of the loan application in order to provide documents to the Processors and acquire any additional information needed by the Processors and/or Underwriters.
• Work with SFCU loan Processors/Closers and borrower’s to ensure the timely closing of the borrower’s loan.
The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
• Three plus years of proven product sales capability is required (success in a commissioned environment preferred).
• Conventional loan experience is desired.
• Banking experience preferred but not necessary.
• The ability to understand and explain SFCU’s lending products and services and pricing alternatives.
• The ability to comprehend and explain financial calculations and pricing alternatives.
• The ability to communicate with borrowers about the proper documents and information needed to obtain a particular loan.
• Knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern consumer lending, including NCUA Rules and Regulations, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, HOEPA and Consumer guidelines.
• Self-starter who can work independently with existing partnerships, branches and other referral sources.
• Ability to work as part of a team to ensure successful close of escrow for borrowers.
• Strong relationship development and management skills.
• Knowledge of the local communities is preferred.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Candidate must be outgoing, sales-oriented, reliable and conscientious with excellent oral and written communication skills and a team player.
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the employee gets along with members, vendors, co-workers, and management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B.S.) is desirable, or three year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish is desirable (Spanish is optional and is not required to perform this job). Must be able to speak publicly in front of members or groups in English and Spanish if applicable.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems. Deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have personal computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
SAFE ACT STATEMENT:
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (“Registry”) and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and SFCU policies and procedures.
Stanford Federal Credit Union - 22 months ago