The Business Development Sales Leader will facilitate profitable sales growth for all products offered by OECO in its targeted market segments. This position will be accountable to develop and execute market segment strategies that position the value of the brand and its product technologies and services, establish and mange sales and distribution, and will actively engage in the sales process and ensure customer satisfaction throughout the customer acquisition and value delivery process. The position will also prepare and/or support the delivery of marketing collateral materials to support the complete sales cycle. Responsible for leading the capture and proposal process as one of the key voice of the customer’s advocates and will lead the commercial negotiations. This position will collaborate with the Program Management organization in moving new business through the product life cycle and for the strategic planning of the business growth, and the product and technology road maps that will enable the continued success of the business.
Successful Candidate Will (Key Responsibilities) :
Key Relationships :
- Development and execution of the Strategic Plan for the assigned Business segment. These plans need to communicate detailed market assessments with near and long-term priorities
- Develop and execute a –go-to market plan for each assigned market segment.
- Focused objective is to increase the number of positions we hold on each platform within the segment, and to increase the dollar value on each platform.
- Participate in industry events, symposiums, and trade shows as assigned.
- Leverage business tools in the management of the business segments including VOC, Value Selling , Accelerated Product Development , and manage the opportunities and capture processes in SalesForce.com
- Lead the pursuit and capture activity for market segment ensuring a timely response to the customer while moving the pursuit through the gated proposal cycle.
- Provide focus in the capture activity to understand the competitive environment, the source selection process, the selection criteria, and the most important requirements and the political landscape of the account.
- Develop product strategies and technology road maps that provide the greatest opportunity for the company to capture targeted Gross Margin
- Communicate to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group i.e. clear details, critical timeframes, and expectations.
- Customer Satisfaction; ensure that an enduring and sustainable support strategy is in place to ensure a long term relationship can be achieved.
- Manage and execute Policy Deployment action plans & countermeasures as assigned.
- Key Deliverables:
- Market segment plans
- Booking and revenue plans - Forecasting
- Sales funnel management
- Proposal and quotation tracking/ management
- Key account plans
- Key contact plans
- Weekly activity reports
- Monthly activity reports
Background and Skills :
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Customer Service
- Key team relationships
- Sales Operations Manager / Inside Sales and Customer Service Associates
- Other Market Segment Managers
- Program Management Director
- Other Key OECO relations :
- Human Resources, Engineering, Quality, Operations, Finance
- Channel Collaboration
- Interface with the Growth Account Executives on major opportunities.
- Interface with other Pacific Scientific Division’s Sales Team
- Agents and representatives
- Direct Reports: none
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering. Master Degree desired
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in aerospace (military, commercial and aftermarket) in a global market place desired.
- Broad Strategic vision must be capable of leading frontline sales activity or achieving performance objective through channel partners to meet strategic and tactical goals.
- Must be able to lead the organization through strong solid business performance sound communications skills and a passion about the business without having other direct reports.
- Must be capable of working autonomously and maintain a regular and flexible travel schedule to meet customer demands.
- Must be a team player and possess strong interpersonal skills to integrate the VOC and the VOB ( Voice of the Business)
- Experience in complex negotiations. Desire a background in Government contracts.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to multi task and close projects in a timely manner.
Personal Trait Profile :
Scope and Impact of Position:
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage customer issues across departmental lines.
- Self starter and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong leadership, team building and motivational skills.
- Detail oriented ability to multitask.
- High sense of urgency.
- Persuasive and Competitive.
- Ability to listen and analyze
- Customer focused.
- Solid Business acumen
The Business Development Sales Leader is responsible for the tactical and day to day management of the decisions facing the assigned market segment. This position assists the leadership of the Sales Marketing team in driving the strategic and long term direction for the division. The Position is instrumental in growing the business and in developing and maintaining customer relationships and satisfaction. This position will assure focus on PD goals and implementation of action plans to meet plan goals at multiple levels within the organization. The successes and/or failures of this position directly affect the company’s ability to secure future programs and the overall growth, which will have impact on associate’s morale.
Meggitt - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard