Columbus McKinnon Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCO) is a leading designer and manufacturer of material handling products, systems and services which efficiently and ergonomically move, lift, position or secure material. Columbus McKinnon’s key products include hoists, cranes, actuators, chain and forged attachments. The Company’s products serve a wide variety of commercial and industrial applications that require the safety and quality provided by Columbus McKinnon’s superior product design and engineering know-how. The Company’s stable of well known brand names include CM, Coffing, Duff-Norton, Pfaff, Shaw-Box and Yale. These brands hold a commanding share in the U.S. market and a growing presence abroad. Headquartered in Amherst, NY, Columbus McKinnon has a long and rich history of accomplishments dating back to 1875.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Specialist to join our Sales team. The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for creating end user preference and demand for CMCO rigging products ultimately increasing sales, profit margins, and market share growth. Is viewed by end users as an indispensable industry consultant with an in-depth understanding of their business needs and concerns.
Provides rigging leadership and support to CSM’s, selected channel partners, OEM’s, house accounts, and end users through significant product and market knowledge, application skills, and overall technical expertise. Formulates business plans and strategies to grow overall revenue and market share. Is responsible for successful implementation of rigging strategy, business development concepts, and program management initiatives. Works to develop innovative solutions and training specific to select vertical markets, OEM’s, house accounts, and select channel partners.
Works closely with various Industry Market Managers, Rigging Training Manager, and Rigging Product Manager, to assure the successful implementation of rigging target marketing programs, promotions, training programs, and product launches. Duties are centered on end user demand or “pull” creation working with OEM’s, house accounts, and selected channel partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide product specific rigging solutions focused at end-user accounts, OEM’s and house accounts
- Has a basic knowledge of lean concepts and can relate to the needs and concerns of plant management
- Develops relationships across all potential end user decision makers e.g., purchasing, maintenance, safety, engineering and plant management
- Understands how to “connect the dots” and utilize plant relationships to work up the food chain to Global procurement
- Understands how to implement preferred supplier status agreements
- Analyze target account requirements and develop the appropriate end-user relationships to improve account penetration and inspire confidence in CMCO as a solutions provider.
- Work with Industry Market Managers, Training Manager, and Product Manager to drive product recognition, product growth and CMCO brand awareness.
- Work with select channel partners and CMCO resources to provide the necessary level of service and technical expertise to end users.
- Responsible for the measurement of end-user penetration, trends, capital spending, and revenue opportunities for sales and market share.
- Works with engineering firms to drive specifications around CMCO rigging products.
- Manages the implementation of new product launches.
- Communicates future programs and solution opportunities to NA Manager of Business Development - Rigging.
- Collects and reports trends and strategies of competitors to Sales Management, Marketing & Product group.
- Cultivation of product sales at end-users, OEM customers, and house accounts through consultative selling.
- Differentiates CMCO products and services from competition utilizing total cost of ownership, industry knowledge of best practices, and application expertise.
- Conducts material handling audits providing plant management with suggestions for increased productivity and safety
- Plan carefully the use of time by scheduling activities in advance to provide maximum time for actual selling.
- Report sales activity and results to NA Manager of Business Development.
- Documents problem solving examples for the purpose of building a “library” by industry.
- Responsibly manage expenses staying within assigned budget and adhering to corporate T&E guidelines.
- Identify and describe specific applications for CM rigging products.
- Participates in trade organizations and activities related to Rigging products & industry
- Engage and promote rigging strategy nationally through the sharing of opportunities and intelligence mined locally.
- Be engaged with appropriate social media groups for data mining, leads, and industry contacts
Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a team environment or while operating independently.
Technical expertise to master a broad range of products and applications specific to rigging.
Ability to relate key management accounting (ROA, Payback, Leasing) concepts to the end-user.
Well-organized; time and territory, detail oriented, etc.
Reasoning abilities and analytical thinking.
Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Strong presentation skills.
Well-organized relative to time and territory management, and associated administrative functions.
Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to effectively execute the job responsibilities.
Responsible handling of expenses, demo and trial equipment, and other company assets.
Knowledge of material handling products and their applications.
Proficient in computer related skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE :
Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University
5 or more years rigging sales experience
Knowledge of rigging equipment, product, techniques, channels, markets, and competition
End user selling or interaction preferably in rigging capacity.
Columbus McKinnon Corporation offers:
A Dynamic Company Culture
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Competitive Compensation Plans
If interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Jody Adolf at email@example.com .
Monster - 9 months ago