We are looking to hire a Business Development Specialist working directly for GradStaff in our Philadelphia office. The is an outstanding entry-level position that leads to a long-term sales career or a career in account management.
Position Description: The Business Development Specialist (BDS) plays a central role in helping the company identify and develop new business with client companies looking to outsource all or part of their college recruiting. The successful candidate must be a motivated and energetic career-oriented professional who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial, sales-focused environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching and identifying new leads/prospects in various markets;
- Entering new leads into the ACT! database;
- Coordinating and completing weekly direct mail/outreach program;
- Calling new leads, creating a rapport and setting appointments; and
- Assisting with sales meetings and presentations.
It is important that the BDS learns the GradStaff sales process and how to deliver a compelling message to clients. The ability to learn how to handle objections will be critical. Ultimately, the BDS should be able to conduct a sales meeting and close new business. With demonstration of this skill, the BDS will be ready to assume additional responsibilities in either a sales or account management career track.
- Motivated to learn the industry and willing to take a high level of initiative to understand the business;
- Well-developed multitasking and organizational abilities
- Professional and polished demeanor
- Strong desire to work in a front-line, sales-oriented position
- High sense of urgency; goal oriented
- Comfortable working in a dynamic organization where change is common
Position Highlights and Career Path:
- Excellent opportunity in a small, growing company;
- Potential for position to evolve into higher sales/business development positions or into operations/account management; and
- Excellent starting point to get exposure to many professional industries.
- Learn how to sell and close new business.
- Base salary plus incentive. Anticipated first year earnings are $35,000-$50,000.
Required Requirements :
GradStaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. GradStaff does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance.
GradStaff is the leader in providing college graduates with great career opportunities. We actively seek recent grads seeking entry-level...