The Business Development Specialist supports the sales and marketing organization to help manage the sales pipeline and contribute to its growth. Position works with a combination of inside and field-based personnel to evaluate opportunities, execute tactical activities surrounding the identification and subsequent follow-up activities with prospective clients. In order to achieve success, the individual must have strong analytical skills, and is comfortable making cold calls to C-level and executive managers. Strong business acumen is a necessity.
- Help build a world-class Customer Relationship Management system.
- Work with sales organization to identify where additional resources (staff, material, etc.) are required to successfully execute a plan, assigning as available.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to coordinate Newgistics' logistics activities surrounding industry tradeshows and events. May have the opportunity to attend said events as schedule and staffing resources dictate.
- Proactively and creatively work with sales team to development pipeline; drive leads, prospect research, list development, lead conversion, etc.
- Provides sales and marketing with weekly reports reflecting prior week's activities, identifying specific industries, tactics, or activities that produce superior results.
- Manage lead referral/partner programs.
- Provides support through sales tools, training and market expertise to the sales force to ensure their ability to consultatively sell solutions.
- Assist marketing by managing website SEO vendor relationship.
- Handle inbound calls from prospective customers making inquiries regarding Newgistics' services.
- Assists in the development of lists used to generate outbound call activities in an effort to increase the pipeline.
- Proactively makes calls to prospects in an effort to qualify them for potential engagement in a more thorough discussion of Newgistics' services by a regional sales executive.
- Logs calls and activities in to CRM application and assigns activities to appropriate campaign codes (as needed) in order to accurately reflect sales activities. Assigns potential revenue associated with prospect so that return on investment (ROI) can be measured for specific campaigns and activities.
- Act as CRM administrator and provide sales with support and training in using this tool.
- 4-5 years of general business experience
- 3+ years of business development/inside sales experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Understands and closely follows a value-based sales process.
- Comfortable with cold-call activities where minimal supporting information is available.
- Understands the process of researching a prospective client, analyzing information through various sources of data (newswires, annual reports, industry trade publications, etc.) in order to scope the size and complexity of potential opportunities prior to making contact with a prospect.
- Is able to work and thrive in an environment with minimal supervision. A strong self-starter.
- Strong communication skills over the phone and face-to-face.
- Is comfortable with technology such as Microsoft Office and web-based applications (Ex. NetSuite-preferred, WebEx, Hoovers, etc.).
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment where needs of the business may dictate floating targets tied to departmental activities and corporate goals.
- The most successful individual will excel in working in a cross-functional environment were their advice and counsel may be considered across the organization in identifying opportunities for growth or process improvement.