Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies
SUMMARY: Provide support and coordination of Requests for Quotes (RFQ’s )and RFI’s (Request for Information) for the Corporate Sales Department. Act as liaison between Corporate Sales dept and Region/Branch and Overseas offices. Analyzes and produces data, reports empowering business to make sound decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of Global RFI’s and RFQ’s. Identify the opportunities and consult with management for strategy. Distribute RFI/RFQ materials along with conditions and strategy to related regions and/or offices overseas and within the US Region.
- Support Regional and Branch sales for potential product marketing. Collect information on potential market and companies and distribute findings as necessary.
- Support Regional and Branch sales for target lane marketing. (China/USA, USA/eur)
- Support Regional and Branch sales to solve problems including operation, accounting, and air cargo space.
- Plan and promote sales campaign/projects. Overall support to achieve successful sales campaigns including monitoring target progress and gathering monthly updates.
- Respond to inquiries/questionnaires from other Yusen Regional offices.
- Plan and implement sales tools (CD, DVD, Presentation Materials, etc.) for Regional and
- Monitor email correspondence among region/branch sales and Yusen overseas companies/agents and advise or lead our sales team to avoid problems or issues.
- CAP/Global Account Support.
- Provide monthly/quarterly/yearly reports by collecting necessary data from overseas agents/offices and/or from internal systems (YASTEM, ICSS, etc.)
- Support Account Manager for overall maintenance including creating and maintaining operational SOPs and conducting internal audit for selective accounts as necessary.
- Act as National Customer service window for select accounts. Resolve various issues by communicating with the customer and Yusen offices.
- Provide Administrative support as necessary.
Education and Experience: Associates’ Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Business is preferred, plus four or more years’ related experience in the Freight Forwarding industry ; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent Excel and analytical skills are required.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportuniti
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 21 months ago