– Plano, Texas
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Business Development Sr. Consultant to join our team in Plano, Texas.
A critical role within Dell’s Services outsourcing sales team supporting the development of complex outsourcing services bid engagements. The primary responsibilities of the role will be to support the opportunity life cycle from Development through Contracting, represent all pricing and commercial structure needs of the pursuit team, liaison between the customer and Dell Services financial support organizations. Engagement types include RFP tenders, customer business case analysis, and total cost of ownership modelling. Experience working with sourcing advisory firms and associated pricing structures is required. Additionally, ability to quickly estimate and structure rough order of magnitude estimates based on market pricing analysis and Dell Services current pricing is necessary for success.
- Support and construct the overall financial design and structure of complex services solutions.
- Engage with customer or representative third party advisor to determine the best pricing structure for the complex services opportunity, influencing and driving Dell Services preferred model when possible.
- Lead services bid P&L construction for approval by Dell Services finance organization, including cash flow and margin analysis and the business impact analysis of individual opportunities.
- Interface with Dell Services finance organizations (LOB, tax, treasury, technical accounting) throughout the process to ensure compliance with targets and proper governance process adherence.
- Ownership of the pricing work-stream and related customer response templates and documentation.
- Owner of the Dell “Price to Win” sales methodology for each pursuit to which they are assigned, working closely with the rest of the pursuit team to arrive at services pricing that maximizes profit for Dell while remaining competitive with the market.
- Use of third party benchmark tools, historic services pricing and input from the pursuit team and customer to determine the optimal blend of competitiveness, profit and value.
- Attend customer meetings and presentations, as needed, to support the sales team.
- Support Master Service Agreements (MSA) negotiations related to financial and commercial issues such as billing; SLA credits; price banding; and variable pricing, termination provisions, etc.
- Support transition and handover to services operations team post contract closure.
- At least 10 years prior experience in pricing, preferably in an IT Services-related industry.
- Executive-level communication and collaboration skills, with ability to develop and effectively articulate business cases supporting a specific course of action.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement action plans to address problems or process gaps.
- Confidence operating in an ambiguous environment; must be a self-starter.
- Strong Excel/Business case modeling skills.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or other relevant subject area, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Understanding of Dell’s Services business is highly desirable.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...