The Maids International, a 33-year old residential home cleaning company, is looking for a General Manager. As General Manager you are charged with new business development; customer retention; hiring, training and retaining staff that deliver consistent quality and remarkable customer experiences; customer support; and operational expense management.
While most of The Maids’ business is done through independent, locally owned franchises, we believe so much in our system and our business model; we, the franchisor, own our own stores, referred to as Company Stores. The person awarded this challenging opportunity will oversee two locations in the Chicago market. Out of our nearly 160 franchise locations, this office ranks in our top 12 in terms of revenue! The right leader will profitability grow this business and be a leader in our entire system.
- Attend all first-time cleans to build relationships with new customers while ensuring their expectations are understood and quality is delivered. Achieve conversion ratio of all first-time clean customers to regular maid service targets.
- Visit existing customers to strengthen the relationship and asses customers’ current needs and level of satisfaction. Keep attrition rates at or below attrition ratio targets each month.
- Conduct in-home quotes an follow up on all leads to close the business at or above close rate targets.
- Make frequent phone contact with existing customers to deepen our relationship, generate incremental business and to understand product quality. Phone contact to potential and lapsed customers is also required.
- Represent The Maids within the community to drive brand awareness.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers regarding service concerns and handle any breakage issues.
- Work closely with the Sales and Operations Manager creating the daily operational plan.
- Develop and train strong Field Managers that will focus on training, quality, customer service and pricing. Ensure expectations for time in home are accurate and met.
Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, job cost and labor reports and other performance data to measure productivity and achieve goals. Determine areas needing cost reduction or performance improvement and assist Director in developing a plan for improvement.
- Determine staffing needs and coordinate recruiting efforts with Director. Hire new employees, conduct orientations and ensure positive onboarding takes place.
The successful Branch Manager will have the following qualifications:
EXPERIENCE AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
- A four-year bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required.
- Two to four years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training, may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of Spanish.
- Demonstrated service aptitude acumen.
- Valid driver’s license with no more than two moving violations and/or at fault accidents in the previous three years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Practical experience with a business model based on cost, quality and unskilled labor.
- Knowledge of principles and processes of the customer experience cycle. Knowledge of Smart Selling.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable and efficient using computers and varying software to accomplish assigned tasks. The ability to self-learn is important.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Managing one's own time.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including, but not limited to, customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems.
- Familiarity with labor laws and policies.
Indeed - 20 months ago