The CFASS New York Business Director is responsible for the tactical and operational management of CFASS NY.
- Manage all CFASS NY functions and staff including Business Development, Marketing, Operations, Facilities and Security. Ensure excellent day to day operational effectiveness.
- Working with Director of Operations, Americas and with CFASS counterparts worldwide, contribute to the formation of company strategy.
- Working with Christie's Group Finance and Director of Operations, Americas, have financial P&L responsibility for CFASS NY, ensuring that budgets are set and achieved.
- In establishing revenue targets, understand what drives value in the CFASS business model and how to effectively monetize those opportunities.
- Ensure the CFASS team are well managed, have appropriate development plans, delivery great performance and are motivated and engaged. Build a team.
- Ensure organizational structure is robust and fit for purpose.
- In leading the Business Development and Marketing functions, develop a sound understanding of the competitive landscape, market dynamics and commercial opportunities for CFASS NY. Be accountable for the development and execution of sales and marketing plans. Leads where necessary any business negotiations or deals.
- Provide the commercial direction for business development, ensuring that all prospective business is profitable and attractive.
- Ensure outstanding client service and account management. For key accounts, take direct personal involvement in leading the client relationship.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of comprehensive business information reporting and KPI’s.
- Ensure that Operations processes are well defined and configured to both internal business and external market requirements. Ensure that all processes are clearly codified and are subject to continuous improvement.
- Working with Insurance & Risk, Global Security and Global Operations Management, ensure that all risk registers, security and emergency protocols and policies, contingency and business continuity planning are kept up to date and in line with all commercial and legal requirements. Evidence and instill sound judgment regarding risk to the corporate brand/entity.
- Builds a personal reputation as a leader and ambassador of the firm and contributes to the wider organization by mentoring and inspiring staff.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience of managing a distinct business unit. Able to work autonomously and be a pro-active self-starter.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment but possessing the skills to work within a larger corporate team.
- Able to operate effectively in a sometimes complex matrix management structure.
- Experience of Business Development, Revenue Generation and Operations essential.
- Experience in leading and developing teams.
- Strong financial acumen and business management skills. MBA is desirable, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent higher education essential.
- Project management skills.
- Experience of and outstanding commitment to high value client service.
- Fully IT literate and familiar with all regular (Microsoft Office) software.
Christie's - 23 months ago
Christie's is the world's leading art business in global auction sales Christie's is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art,...