As a member of PA’s business dynamics team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute immediately and progress rapidly as part of a sharp, high-energy group working to help clients solve important strategic problems. We work with leaders of major organizations in many sectors – including defense, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, and others – helping with their most complex challenges. We use rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis methods, including System Dynamics and simulation modeling, to identify areas of leverage and opportunity, highlight and understand strategic risks, and prioritize actions. Clients retain and refer us based on our analytical excellence combined with our ability to identify actionable insight and recommendations.
Typical examples of our work include helping on challenges as complex and diverse as:
• Department of Defense decision-makers determining how to best improve regional stability and humanitarian relief efforts
• Leaders of the largest and most complex development programs – new aircraft, ships, energy project portfolios, and major infrastructure projects – managing portfolios and resolving disputes
• Energy industry executives looking to assess complex risks, how to best prioritize improvement efforts, and how to successfully deliver large conventional and alternative energy projects
• Global pharmaceutical firms assessing markets for new drugs, and government clients determining how to best reduce system-wide healthcare costs
• Executives wanting to analyze strategic options and prioritize growth opportunities while understanding risks and minimizing unintended consequences
Candidates should be passionate about helping clients tackle tough and unstructured challenges and be willing to stretch themselves on many fronts. You should be up for working on a wide range of projects over time, contributing across a spectrum from research and diagnosis to action prioritization. Work will include: identifying and understanding emerging strategic issues; designing, executing, and testing quantitative analyses; pulling together recommendations; clearly explaining key findings to senior clients; and helping clients determine how to translate insights into action. Much of our work includes rigorous quantitative analysis and modeling, so we expect candidates to have strong technical and analytical capability, with the ability to pull out insights at an executive level. Work experience and education determine the level at which candidates enter, though progression is based solely on capability and performance, and rapid advancement is possible for outstanding performers.
• Bachelor’s degree for entry level candidates; MBA or advanced degree for experienced candidates; degrees from either a technical or an analytical business program are preferred.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We will not sponsor visas for this position.
We seek talented people who have shown exceptionally high levels of accomplishment and outstanding analytical ability in academic and/or professional work. Individuals should combine:
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to work well with clients and colleagues;
• Big picture thinking with the discipline, energy, and confidence to get things done;
• Ambition and self-motivation with the desire to contribute to a positive team environment and the long-term performance of PA and our clients.
Locations available: Cambridge, MA, New York City, and Arlington, VA
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, IT and technology consulting firm. Independent, award winning and employee-owned, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organizations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s and our clients’ success, and regardless of their sex, race, disability, medical condition, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
PA Consulting Group is a firm of more than 2,000 people, specializing in management and IT consulting, technology and innovation....