Business Intelligence Business Analyst
The business analyst is the principal interface between the project team and the client as it relates to defining business, analytical application and data requirements. This person understands business drivers and the information that is to be available via the business intelligence/data warehouse environment, and facilitates resolution of incomplete business requirements. The business analyst understands the industry and facilitates understanding and modeling of the business decision processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Conduct user interviews and/or facilitated group sessions to identify business requirements (for power and casual users), including decision process needs, information sources, access privileges, and company standards.
- Identify scope of information requirements. Identify historical information problems and opportunities.
- Identify integrity problems. Identify data from operational and external systems that may have value.
- Capture and provide business/data definitions and rules. Identify transformation rules.
- Mentor user community in decision support requirements process.
- Define the analysis to be supported. Provide current query and reporting examples and analysis needs.
- Determine the form of the data (e.g. detailed, summarized, aggregated, derived and historical).
- Identify and implement business processes to improve the quality of information (e.g. creation of data stewardship and/or data governance processes).
- Analyze the internal and external source systems. Validate the quality of the data.
- Identify the prototype process and initial evolution path. Participate in prototyping.
- Validate the accuracy of reports and queries produced.
- Develop the conceptual model of business decision processes.
- Provide timely information to resolve issues.
- Manage user expectations. Ensure user acceptance occurs with the client. Provide training support.
- Determine training requirements (information, business processes, user), design the instructional offering, coordinate and deliver end user training (scheduling, manual development, reference guide development, cheat sheet development, prepare training rooms, ensure PC’s set up), certify knowledge transfer to end users, monitor training effectiveness.
- Solid understanding the business processes utilized by one or more various industries, and ability to translate to technical terms.
- General knowledge of industry trends in one or more various industries, specifically as it relates to business intelligence and information management.
- Solid experience and knowledge in designing and delivering business intelligence and/or data warehousing solutions.
- Business requirements gathering
- Analysis and design skills; critical thinking; analytical problem solving
- Prototyping capabilities
- Training/Education development and execution; Documentation creation (standards, definitions, application, etc.)
- Knowledge transfer
- Quality assurance
- General knowledge of practices, methodologies and tools to:
- Source, transform, load and manage data
- Improve information quality and manage metadata
- Deliver information (e.g. query and reporting, OLAP, dashboards, analytic applications, performance management, scorecards, predictive analysis/data mining, business activity/event monitoring, and advanced visualization)
- General knowledge of and experience in:
- Practices, methodologies, and tools related to the design, development, and testing of solutions as it relates to data movement and reporting
- Microsoft offerings and capabilities as they relate to business intelligence
- BI reporting software vendors and respective tools
- Data integration/movement software vendors and respective tools
- Data warehouse software, DBMS vendors, and tools
- Estimating, project management, and planning
- Calculating ROI’s and justification of initiatives
- General knowledge of key client business issues, specifically as it relates to business intelligence and information management
- Solid understanding of data and information one or more various industries utilizes for making decisions, and the data caveats surrounding that data (e.g. business rules, data sourcing, etc.)
The most important quality a candidate must possess is the desire to be an integral part of an experienced,
To learn more about this opportunity, please submit your confidential resume via email , or call us
SysLogic - 12 months ago