Bachelor's Degree required
The Business Intelligence Analyst II is the organization’s expert in report writing. The person in this position: is the liaison between operations and data; is responsible for the quality and accuracy of reports produced by the Report Analysis Department; is the contact person for hardware, software, upgrade, etc. as pertaining to reporting within the organization.
1. Advises customers and recommends reporting options based on extensive knowledge of systems and their abilities.
2. Acts as a resource for Business Intelligence Analyst I staff.
3. Sets priorities for reporting requests and works with the requesting customers to understand the prioritization.
4. Works with and advises applications teams to test the accuracy of reports.
5. Uses tools such as Reporting Workbench, Crystal Reports, and Business Objects Enterprise.
6. Responsible for maintaining existing reports and analyzes/evaluates requirements for changes, system upgrades, etc.
7. Responsible for maintaining data integrity and the ongoing quality control of delivered reports.
8. Provides expert technical direction, guidance and assistance during project development.
9. Facilitates meetings with stakeholders from physician groups, nursing, ED, OB , hospital service departments, information systems, clinic operations, management, executive leadership and reporting.
10. Maintains a status report of work completed, work in progress and work to be started. Routinely reports progress and status to organizational leadership.
11. Reviews upgrade documentation related to Clarity features and released Crystal reporting content and determines how to implement the changes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPECTATIONS, AND ABILITIES
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and rapport-building skills
· Expert with SQL and relational database concepts, including primary keys, foreign keys, and joins
· Expert with report writing tools such as Business Objects
· Superior knowledge of Epic utilities for reports creation and maintenance, including ability to determine source data
· Knowledge and support of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
· Excellent analysis, troubleshooting and documentation skills
· Able to be available beyond standard business hours if needed by end-users
· Able to take after hours call
· Willing and able to cross train to other areas if necessary
· If necessary, is able to travel for training or to work with remote clients.
· Skilled with data warehouses, data stores, and data marts
· Comfortable facilitating communication amongst technical and non-technical project staff and stakeholders
· Expert in translating user requirements into functional and design specifications
· Adept to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Acts as the department decision-maker; knows when to escalate issues to organizational leadership.
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment, problem solve and develop solutions
· Demonstrated success in high pressure, deadline-driven implementations
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
· Familiar with HIPAA, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other regulations that impact hospitals and clinics
· Experienced in Project Management methology
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
· Able to achieve Epic Clarity certification within 3 months
· Experience in the design, architecting, implementation and support of relational databases including use of SQL query techniques to access relational databases
· Experience and expertise with report writing tools
· Prior experience in a healthcare or financial setting
· Master’s Degree in IT or other health care area
· Prior experience in a leadership position in healthcare or financial setting
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 18 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...