Department: Information Technology (ITD)
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Analytics team by creating and managing automated reporting and data management processes using business intelligence tools. This position will work within a team to support utilization reporting needs for clients. This position will interact, consult, and provide deliverables for multiple internal and external clients directly and must be able to provide high quality service on a consistent basis.
· Develop and support multiple Integration Services packages
· Design and create various SQL objects on SQL Server 2005/2008
· Assist in the development and maintenance of on-line reporting tools.
· Write ad hoc T-SQL queries to support reporting needs of clients (internal and external)
· Research and analyze data connected to various areas within the company
· Efficiently and effectively manage individual workload and projects
· Assist in producing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business, or other related quantitative field.
· Strong knowledge of T-SQL and Microsoft business intelligence tools (Integration Services, Reporting Services)
· Working knowledge of BI packages such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview, PowerPivot, or similar visualization tools.
· At least 3 years of professional data mining, research and analysis experience required
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills and a strong focus on quality
· Ability to manage multiple priority projects simultaneously
· .NET programming experience preferred, but not required
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external clients in a timely manner
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio, etc.)
· Ability to work independently and be accountable to assigned work, but also be able to coordinate and cooperate with others to achieve team goals.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.