* Communication: Applicant must possess the ability to exercise a professional approach when communicating with customers, co-workers, and supervisors. The applicant must write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, solicit and consider employee input, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
* Initiative: Applicant must be self-motivated and be able to work as a team member. The applicant must possess the ability to effectively prioritize daily activities and constructively react to changing conditions.
* Problem Solving: Applicant should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field required.
* Related Experience: This Business Intelligence Analyst is an entry-level position, which may include up to 2 years of related experience.
* Equipment/Software Skills: Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office, Oracle, and Qlikview required.
* Travel Expectations: No travel is expected for this position.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data for reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Mental/Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for maintaining ADTRAN's Point of Sale database and for maintaining ADTRAN's customer database.
This Business Intelligence Analyst is an entry-level position where the work is primarily focused on learning and developing professional concepts. Assignments are designed to establish professional work knowledge and abilities. Entry-level analysts will normally receive detailed instructions on assignments and will follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
*Responsible for loading, analyzing rebate structures and payments.
*Responsible for analyzing customer alignments with field management.
*Designing/Utilizing QlikView reports to assist in key analyses that identify opportunities and risks in sales performance metrics.
*Ensure consistent, reliable and quality delivery of all standard reporting deliverables.
*Complete ad hoc reports at the request of management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure accurate Weekly and Monthly Point of Sale reports.
* Maintain the Point of Sales database.
* Research customers and maintain the customer database and specialization table.
* Run reports and sort data based on departmental needs and specifications on a daily, weekly, and/or as requested basis.
* Analyze data based on departmental needs and specifications.
* As required, test ACR's
* As required, perform miscellaneous e-mail research.
* Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
* Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
Adtran - 19 months ago