The successful candidate will take a lead role in conducting sophisticated analysis of both internal and external customer databases to generate insights for the Chemistries and Supplies Division. This includes developing statistical models (response, churn/survival, and predictive models) in order to develop a deeper understanding of customer behavior and use the data to drive marketing strategies.
This position will also be responsible for direct marketing campaign analysis and will be involved in analytical consulting, predictive modeling, and segmentation analysis. Conceptualization and development of test designs for direct marketing campaigns are also required. The ideal candidate’s expertise will include a comprehensive working knowledge of multivariate statistical techniques (e.g. time series, logistic regression, clustering and factor analysis) and their application to direct-marketing programs or other marketing business areas.
1. Develop, validate and implement statistical and predictive models
2. Develop test/experimental design for marketing campaigns and research studies
3. Design and implement tests to measure the effectiveness of marketing communication strategies.
4. Analyze customer purchase/transaction patterns to surface demand generation opportunities.
5. Enhance current analytics and reports that measure marketing program performance.
6. Participate in the marketing related enhancements and support for BAM customer databases used to support the analytics.
7. Analyze long term trends to discover opportunities for improvement in marketing programs.
8. Generates data analysis and recommendations utilizing analytic tools to develop business and marketing insights around customer targeting and segmentation for campaigns and programs; helping to define criteria for customer targeting and list pulls.
9. Provide consultation to business partners on designing and measuring data-driven marketing programs.
10. Manages regular outsourced vendors for routine data analysis and additional vendors as needed based on workload fluctuation.
11. Liaison with CRM Marketing Operations team to drive utilization and functionality of analytics tools.
This position can be located in Wilmington, DE
Agilent Technologies is a global, diversified technology company, with 20,000 people focused on creating instruments for the communications, electronics and life sciences industries.
As an employee at the Wilmington, site a wide variety of unique options are available to you: flexible work hours, on-site cafeteria and fitness center with a variety of classes, basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts, and more! You will also be able to participate in a number of different community volunteer projects.
We are located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia; just 2 hours drive north to New York City or south to Washington, DC. There, we have 800 people inventing, designing, building and marketing products that dominate the market for chemical analysis. Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security.
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer
- Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of predictive modeling concepts, knowledge of basic statistics
- Strong communication skills and the ability to process and present vast amount of data into meaningful information.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and the ability to work both independently and with teams.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills, the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and influence change
- 5+ Experience with SAS (especially BaseSAS or Enterprise Guide), SAP ERP, SAP CRM, and/or Oracle products helpful.
- Expert level experience with MS Excel and Access
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- MS degree in statistics, operations research, econometrics or related field
- 5+ years experience in direct marketing or business utilizing math/statistical techniques to solve problems in areas such as campaign analysis, customer segmentation, predictive modeling, etc.