This position is responsible for the delivery of business intelligence solutions to end users to facilitate their making more informed business decisions. The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst uses analysis tools to query data repositories and generate reports. The reports support management for making business decisions and assist in identifying trends and patterns in the stored operational data. The BI Analyst will work with business stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure validity of results for each request. A BI Analyst will design recurring or ad hoc reports, data extracts and dashboards, and other BI solutions. They will work with Enterprise Data Warehouse team (EDW) to ensure the appropriate source data is captured. The BI Analyst provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand Montefiore’s strategic goals and ensure request is in alignment with these goals.
- Gather and understand reporting requirements to ensure the alignment with Montefiore’s strategic goals.
- Critically evaluate information gathered form multiple sources.
- Decompose high-level information into details.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Provide creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to document user requirements in a well structured specification. All documentation will be according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Present alternative BI solutions for customer, using creative-thinking expertise and solution prototypes, to ensure effective reporting/analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, Clinicians, executives, management and subject matter experts.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
BI Reporting Design/Development:
- Serve as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the Subject Matter Experts / EDW team through which the requirements flow.
BI Team Support:
- Design and Develop creative BI components for the delivery of dashboards, scorecards, delivered reports, ad hoc queries, extracts and analytics, using existing enterprise BI tool set (E.G., SQL Server Reporting Services, SS Analysis Services, SharePoint, Excel, Crystal, Business Objects).
- Writes and maintains complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Use web services that provide standard analytic computations that can be leveraged in multiple BI solutions.
- Create QA test cases/test steps to ensure quality assurance of BI output.
- Work with customer to ensure user acceptance testing and a complete delivery of reporting/analysis solution.
BI Data Analysis and Design:
- Responsible for QA testing the entire solution to ensure that it is ready for user acceptance testing.
- Mentor Report Analyst in areas specific to business intelligence delivery.
- Keeps abreast of trends and best practices in the industry to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge as it relates to business intelligence.
- Emerging Health is a professional services organization with a matrix reporting structure. Associate’s roles may differ depending on the project, however, their position and title remains the same.
- Using User Requirements Documentation collaborate with EDW team and Subject Matter Experts to define solutions to develop the architecture of the selected reporting solution.
- Design and develop with EDW team high performing data solutions which meet the needs of the BI requirements.
- Experience with RDBMS and multi-dimensional databases, BI software and systems.
- Proficient with SQL
- Reporting writing tools
- Dashboard tools.
- Experience a development lifecycle methodology
- Knowledge of clinical and financial systems within a Healthcare environment
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Montefiore IT - 20 months ago