Higher One partners with colleges and universities to lower their administrative costs and to improve graduation rates. We provide a broad array of payment, refund disbursement and data analytics and management tools to institutions that help them save money and enhance institutional effectiveness. And for students, we offer financial literacy programs and convenient, flexible and affordable transaction options to help them manage their finances. Higher One is a leader in higher education and we support more than 1,600 college and university campuses with over 13 million enrolled students.
Higher One is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst for an entry level opening. As the newest member of the team, you will be responsible for interpreting requests, writing queries and distributing data from various financial and technological systems. This position will report to the Vice President of Business Intelligence and will work closely with every Higher One department (examples include Finance, Marketing, Customer Care and more). Primary responsibilities and tasks include developing expertise in multiple data systems (Oracle, DB2 Data Warehouse, Access, etc), building appropriate queries, and performing quality assurance on work performed by other team members.
This role requires strong skills in data analysis, technological aptitude, organization and strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in applied mathematics, data analysis, or similarly relevant fields. The candidate should be able to focus, meet deadlines, and be able to work independently on a task or project from start to finish.
- Interpret and understand requirements submitted for new work requests
- Create queries to extract appropriate data
- Review the work of peers for quality assurance
- Analyze the data and create appropriate output
- Prioritize assignments with minimal management supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or related field required
- Proven experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with SQL or similar level of scripting language required
- Experience with data analysis software (SAS, R, SPSS, or Minitab) preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other team members
- Aptitude in Microsoft Office Excel
- High attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Fun events
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...