The Business Intelligence Analyst will work as part of the Business Intelligence team responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing growth of the company’s data warehouse and Business Intelligence capabilities. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence, this position will work closely with business partners and project teams on analysis, design, development, and deployment of Business Intelligence applications.
• This position will report to the Senior Manager of Business Intelligence.
• The position will gather, analyze and document business processes and functional requirements.
• This position will translate business needs into technical specifications used in the design, development, and deployment of Business Intelligence applications.
• This position will work with SQL query language and support data integration procedures to load data from transactional systems to a data warehouse using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
• The position will design and create operational and analytical reports for end users using BIDS (Business Intelligence Design Studio) and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
• The position will work closely with business partners, project teams and IT teams.
• The position will work as part of a team environment as well as working independently with minimal supervision.
Essential Functions of the Job (% of Time):
• Provides expertise in analyzing and documenting business processes, requirements and functional needs. Define report and functional specifications for BI solutions (25%).
• Gathers required data, performs data analysis and assist in conducting gap analysis between business requirements and software to support business needs and help solve problems (25%).
• Design and creation of operational and analytical reports for end users (20%)
• Design and develop ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load) to support data integration needs. (10%)
• Other responsibilities. (20%)
o Tests and validates new data and reports delivered in the analytic environment.
o Develop technical design specifications that can be understood and implemented by the development team.
o Compiles and prepares statistical data used in the analysis of operational performance of designated functional area.
Yearly performance appraisals will include, but are not limited to the review of the following areas. Other areas may be included / added as business needs warrant.
Key Characteristics for Success:
• Strong business acumen. The ability to work with problems or concepts and make good business decisions.
• Strategic thinking. The ability to consider a problem abstractly and develop an approach that is appropriate for GSC.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Collaboration and teamwork skills. The ability to interact successfully with all areas of the organization.
• Personal accountability, initiative and motivation in achieving personal and project goals.
• Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Balance creativity and innovation against practical and cost effective approaches.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to present technical and business solutions concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences from a business perspective.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technically related degree. Will consider significant relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• 3+ years Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing work experience.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server and OLAP Business Intelligence solutions.
• Hands on IBM COGNOS TM1 experience.
• Experience with BI tools in an ERP environment (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Qliktech)
• Understanding of data warehouse best practices and methodologies.
• Experience with MDX query language is a plus.
• Experience working in a wholesale distribution environment.
• Full life cycle development.
The Grocers Supply Co., Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard