We are seeking a Business Intelligence Architect to participate in the overall design and implementation of the Data Warehouse infrastructure. You will participate in determining the correct technical solution based on specific business data or information need. The BI Architect maintains awareness of intended business usage of data within the Data Warehouse and ensures the overall design does not expose the business to data integrity issues or unnecessary complexity when extracting data.
· Translate functional specification into technical design. Includes the impact analysis of all objects including data structures, code, transactional applications, and operational characteristics.
· Writes/approves data migration specifications ensuring data transformation code is implemented in the correct component of the Data Warehouse architectural stack.
· Teams with the system or application architects to determine specific technical solutions for transferring data between applications or access the Data Warehouse.
· Assists with the overall design of the metadata strategy for the Warehouse and ensures the components are metadata compatible.
· Helps define the Data Warehouse strategy for persistent staging and code migration staging, including the archiving strategy for both.
· Provides guidance on the overall design and structure of the semantic layer used to define the Banks reporting tool to the database.
· Works with user areas to train on system capabilities and features.
· Assists in training other IT staff in understanding departmental standards and the overall Warehouse infrastructure.
· Completes post-implementation review to ensure the implementation adheres to technical standards.
· BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Economics, or related technical field
· Minimum 5 years experience with developing Business Architecture models
· Business experience with financial or accounting systems
· Implementation experience working with a best-of-breed Business Intelligence reporting tool such as Business Objects, Cognos, Microstrategy
· Experience working with data migration tools such as Informatica, DataStage, Data Integrator, ETL; Oracle DB technology and PL/SQL; Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC); Kalido
· Knowledge of metadata concepts and structures; Capital Markets and/or Investment Banking
· Superior organizational, team, and leadership skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis - 9 months ago
Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis (the Bank) provides funds to its members. All federally-insured depository institutions, community...