Buchanan Technologies is seeking a mid-level Microsoft BI Developer for a client in Dallas. The successful candidate will have solid skills in SQL, SSIS and dimensional modeling. Experience working in an Agile Development environment is also preferred.
Detailed Technical Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and concepts, including: dimensional modeling, ETL processes, and reporting tools
- Several years ( at least 4-5) of experience in dimensional modeling, cube design and development using SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS), SSIS and MS Analytics
- Strong background in development and analysis with SQL 2008/ 2005 - MDX experience is a HUGE plus
- Strong experience with TFS 2010
- Strong experience with SQL Server 2008 R2
- Desirable: Knowledge of PowerPivots and tabular BI in SQL 2012.
- MDX and Analysis Services is a big plus
- Work in a face paced Agile BI Environment
- Working with BA, architect, and business leadership to determine appropriate solution to current business problems
- Designing dimensional model for a new project
- Developing ETL from source system ( s) to the dimensional model - Implementing reporting in Tableau and / or other adhoc front-end tools.
Buchanan Technologies - 10 months ago