Business Intelligence Developer
EIG is excited to be building an Enterprise Data Warehouse, with an OBIEE solution to present critical data to our users, and support our growing business needs. We're seeking top notch talent to build an industry best BI team and to help us support this exciting initiative. If you are interested in using your expertise and innovative skills to build something brand new, are a resourceful technologist who likes to wear many hats, has a passion for data, and likes to mentor others, then we want to talk to you!
What you will do:
What you need for this position:
- Suggest and implement improvements to current BI processes by leveraging functionality within and external to OBIEE
- Mentor and support other BI Developers
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for development team and users
- Support user community on OBIEE
- Perform training and knowledge transfer of technology and functionality
- Identifies, documents, administers and maintains the metadata repository
- Maintains hardware reliability, system level security, system level performance monitoring and tuning, and automation of production activities related to BI environment.
- Builds dashboards and assists in development of complex ad hoc queries and analyses.
- Works in conjunction with business analysts and other users acting as a liaison between technical and business departments in developing dashboards and other BI related solutions.
- Trains the power users of the respective business functions in queries, BI (Business Intelligence) tools and BI dashboards.
What's in it for you?
We offer an opportunity to work with great people in an innovative environment doing great things. We have a great compensation program that includes generous benefits and attractive cool perks that will make you the envy of the neighborhood. If you think you're the one who can make a difference in this position, please reach out today!
- At least 4-6 years of OBIEE 11g installation, administration, management and Business Intelligence Reporting experience, including RPD design and development
- Solid understanding of Weblogic server components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Dimensional Modeling
- Effective collaboration of tasks across the business and technical teams
- Able to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details.
- Interface with key customers from all functional areas. Analytic skills are needed.
- Proven and recent experience of implementing solutions from requirements gathering and process design to functional production deployment
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Possesses strong business acumen, with ability to assist in development of business requirements definitions
- Strong SQL Programming skills
- Scripting and automation experience
- Skilled on one of the following RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, MySql
- Ability to manage multiple efforts concurrently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of emerging technologies and tools
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with management, coworkers, and business users
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.