The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the design and development of reports and dashboards providing individuals across the company with actionable information. This role is able to translate reporting requirements into meaningful visualizations containing metrics and dimensions extracted from multiple sources. The individual will participate in all aspects of reporting and analysis including planning, build and configuration, testing, training, and deployment of the reports using MicroStrategy software.
- Work with individuals across the company to identify reporting needs
- Gather and document detailed reporting requirements
- Design, build, test and deploy reports and dashboards
- Perform end user training
- Work with application owners to understand system data models
- Set up and configure projects in MicroStrategy
- Model multiple data sources into facts, attributes, relationships, metrics etc.
- Ongoing report monitoring and maintenance
- Handle support requests and user access changes in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Computer Information Technology or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing and implementing reports and dashboards in at least one Business Intelligence reporting tool (e.g., MicroStrategy, Cognos, Business Objects,etc.)
- MicroStrategy Developer certification or equivalent
- Experience with MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and MySQL databases
- Familiarity with creating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, etc.) a plus
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Background in corporate enterprise reporting environments
- Interpersonal skills; able to collaborate with users within all levels of the organization
- Able to recognize potential assignments outside own areas of specialization and apply appropriate technology related expertise as necessary.
- Excellent understanding of technology life cycles and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems in a highly technical customer focused service environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while maintaining high quality standards
* If position performs job responsibilities directly for the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) contracts, employee is required to pass a specified background screening; meeting the requirements of the BIE.