Kerry is a leading global provider of customized ingredients, flavors, and integrated solutions for the food and beverage industry. We are dedicated to being the number one supplier in our various markets measured through technical and marketing creativity, product quality, superior customer service, value creation and the wholehearted commitment of each employee.
Our ambitious development strategy requires that we recruit and retain the best people both to manage our business and to create the new and wide-ranging capabilities that will help us continue to grow. Smart, creative and determined people have made us the company we are today. Our work environment provides challenging and stimulating opportunities for talented, individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence.
We currently have an opening for a Business Intelligence Developer who will be located at our new Kerry Center facility. The new 250,000 square foot facility serves as a state-of-the-art center of excellence comprised of customer-focused application suites, R&D labs, culinary theater, pilot plant, and collaboration areas. In addition, the new facility serves as the Americas regional headquarters.
This position's primary responsibilities involve supporting all Kerry America’s BI products and services and assisting with data transformation, loading, and reporting across various Kerry systems.
Essential Functions and Duties
1. Provide business intelligence support for Kerry America’s regional BI implementations. This includes enhancing the functionality of current reporting systems along with development of new solutions.
2. Analyze, export, transform, and load data across various Kerry systems for internal reporting purposes.
3. Draft design specifications for new BI-authored solutions and enhancements requirements based on industry technical and process best practices.
4. Serve as an expert resource for database design questions, as well as optimizing stored procedures for application development team
5. Perform all programming and/or configuration assignments with minimal supervision.
6. Analyze and resolve reporting errors in a timely and accurate fashion.
7. Create and maintain documentation for code and/or configuration throughout the system development lifecycle.
8. Communicate with internal customers, management, application teams, and development teams throughout the duration of the project; serve as a consulting resource for internal customers.
9. Provide status reports, when required.
10. Train end users on established systems, when required.
11. Provide on-call support and problem resolution for reporting applications and cubes.
12. Collaborate with peers, managers, internal customers and external third parties to achieve project results.
The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required. Incumbents will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor ’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and Associates degree, in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
2. At least 3 years work experience in information technology with a strong focus on business analytics. Microsoft BI stack (i.e., SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS) preferred.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in relational database design, OLAP cube design, strong ETL experience, query performance tuning, and developing reporting applications.
4. Experience with T-SQL, VB.NET, SSIS
5. Excellent work ethic, organization, planning and communication skills.
6. Able to demonstrate ability to be flexible in a dynamic business context.
7. Good verbal and written communication skills - able to effectively work with users.
8. Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Kerry - 18 months ago