The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is today one of the largest scrap metal recycling companies in the United States. The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation. We are not just a scrap trading and processing company. DJJ brokers ferrous scrap, pig iron, HBI/DRI, and nonferrous metal scrap. We provide mill industrial logistics and rail services for steelmakers. We finance, buy, sell, and lease railcars and operate self-serve auto parts recycling retail stores. DJJ generates over $6 billion in sales each year. Incorporating wholly-owned and joint venture facilities, DJJ operates trading offices and processing plants in 17 states and employs over 2,200 people. For more information on our Company, visit our web site at www.djj.com.
This position will be responsible for reviewing current Business Intelligence (BI) architecture, providing strategic and technical solution recommendations, participating in the creation and ongoing updates to the BI strategy roadmap, translating requirements into reporting solutions, systems upgrade planning and scheduling, user acceptance testing and subject matter expert training in order to deliver effective reporting solutions.
• Defines business enhancement and reporting requirements, including baseline functionality and system enhancements to augment business functions.
• Plans, designs and develops innovative BI solutions using an enterprise data warehouse environment.
Provides input for data quality and business reporting.
• Develops and documents BI coding and naming standards, templates and metadata.
• Provides technical and functional development of reporting solutions and data analysis.
• Ensures BI environment is optimized to address business requirements by designing and creating tables, diagnosing and repairing user and performance issues, and testing, monitoring and tuning software.
• Prepares training material for all BI functional, power, and end users.
• Develops feasible options for solutions and communicates these back to the business stakeholders.
• Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members and/or contractors.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, or information systems (strongly preferred).
• A minimum of five years’ experience in complex enterprise business applications data discovery, dimensional modeling/data warehousing, relational databases and with Business Intelligence and Enterprise Reporting tools.
• A minimum of five years’ experience with requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, software development and support methodologies.
• Experience with BI metadata design and development as well as BI User Interface design and development such as interactive Dashboards and Scorecards
The David J. Joseph Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
The David J. Joseph Company - 13 months ago
The David J. Joseph Company is committed to operating its facilities and businesses in an environmentally responsible manner. As an industry...