When it comes to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our members, Life & Specialty Ventures and its family of companies is always ready.
We are a profitable and growing organization that offers many of the industry’s best individual and group life, dental and disability insurance products. We’re also an organization that’s committed to providing each employee with the chance to make his or her own meaningful difference. Our team is ambitious and passionate, and our work environment is relaxed and fun. Are you ready to join us?
We’re currently searching for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our dynami c team in L ittle Rock, Arkansas.
This position is primarily responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of the enterprise business intelligence and reporting environment for Life and Specialty Ventures (LSV). The incumbent analyzes and makes recommendations of workable solutions to reporting problems and focuses on timely and cost effective methods for achieving deliverables. All essential duties must be completed while adhering to department development, change management, and documentation standards.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Stack; i.e. SSIS and SSRS.
- Advanced experience with performing SQL queries in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, or other industry leading database engines.
- Advanced skills in reporting design and structure with one or more industry tools; i.e. Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, or Business Objects.
- Advanced skills in the design of reporting portals.
- Experience writing effective reporting technical specifications.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences including vendors and partners.
- Working knowledge of operating systems such as Windows Server, Unix, Linux, AIX, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work within time constraints.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under a full workload and tight deadlines.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer and/or analytical related studies (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
* 4 to 6 years IT experience
* 3 years with primary responsibility for business intelligence environments, including reporting development, dashboarding, and service portals
* 2 years in computer application development.
* Master's Degree; Microsoft Professional Certification(s)
* Experience with a BlueCross BlueShield Plan or other health and/or life insurance-related company
* Experience with at least two enterprise scale reporting services projects
* Experience managing customer reporting requirements or demands.
USAble Life - 5 months ago