Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
The Informatics Business Intelligence (IBI) Intern acts as the analyst for the Master Data Management (MDM) project for Forest Research Institute (FRI) in Jersey City, NJ. The Intern works closely with FRI Business users in collaboration with other FRI Business Intelligence team members to formalize scope, requirements and strategy for FRI MDM project. The internship is 10 to 12 weeks for 20 hours per week and will offer projects that are significant and challenging. Programming throughout the summer will provide direct exposure to Forest senior management and current issues and trends within the pharmaceutical industry.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Assist in formalizing project charter to clearly lay out project scope, roles, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Responsible for documenting end to end business process for project scope and identifying key entities for MDM project scope.
- Responsible for documenting current and future state process, roles and responsibilities for data governance of key entities within MDM project scope.
- Responsible for documenting current and future state end to end data flow for key entities within MDM project scope.
- Assist in MDM tool selection.
- Assist in formalizing overall MDM strategy and approach.
- Assist in conducting POC to validate the MDM strategy and approach.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- Attending accredited college; must be working towards a Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years in Business Intelligence preferred.
- Exposure to Master Data Management best practices and tools.
- Understanding of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter, continual attention to detail, good judgment and ability to make sound decisions on their own, flexible to changes in work priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.