Director Business Intelligence
At Hotel Tonight, our mission is to become the world’s most loved hotel app. That means making very good strategic and operational decisions across the company using the rich data we’ve been able to gather as we’ve grown to over 11 million app downloads and over 10,000 partner hotels. We’re not letting up on the gas, and we need a Business Intelligence leader who knows just how to build and manage a high-powered team and empower the entire organization with analytics. Are you in?
What you’ll do…
What we’re looking for…
- Plan and implement overall analytics and business intelligence strategy
- Work with key internal stakeholders to identify information needs and develop and manage processes for fulfillment
- Lead the development and execution of stakeholder requested analytical projects
- Identify and pursue new opportunities to optimize the business through data driven analysis, statistical modeling, and data driven business insights
- Build and lead a high performing team of BI professionals
What you’ll get from us...
- 7+ years of experience with business intelligence technology, processes, and analysis
- Demonstrated experience leading high-powered teams
- Excellent knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a business intelligence environment
- Ability to quickly understand drivers of business value and desired business outcomes, and match panoramic and granular data sets to provide recommendations to optimize business outcomes
- Talent building predictive models and analysis and ability to continuously identify new opportunities and optimizations
- Hands-on experience in SQL reporting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft ExcelBS/BA degree in Economics, Engineering or other quantitative field strongly preferred
- True startup experience: no bureaucracy and the opportunity to have a real impact on the business
- A chance to become an expert in mobile travel while it’s a nascent, growing industry
- Camaraderie of an amazing team that is working tirelessly to build the next great travel company
- Great SF office location at Market and 5th St.
- Generous compensation and pre-IPO stock options, too!
- Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans.
- Sweet perks — A quarterly travel stipend, a laptop and a giant monitor, catered lunches and breakfast a few times a week, unlimited coffee and snacks, a partially-subsidized gym membership at Sports Club/LA, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar, and a gong that you’ll get to bang when you accomplish something amazing!