The Business Intelligence Manager helps design, implement and operate Medivo’s Business Intelligence reporting processes. He/She guides the development of report or query requirements to support the needs of internal or external needs. He/she is responsible to meet query/report deadlines and to ensure the output of the BI team meets quality requirements.
- Work with internal & external clients to develop & document analysis plans and related data requirements
- Perform queries in Medivo’s systems according to deadlines agreed to with internal/external clients
- Generate standard (e.g. KPI) reports or custom queries to summarize Medivo’s business data, including patient and physician user data, program fulfillment, recruitment tracking
- Provide concise analysis & documentation of the data in addition to query results, including annotating the source of the data, the treatment methodology, etc.
- Participate in internal/external calls & meetings, as appropriate, to present analysis results
- Ensure query results are accurate
- Track and manage the flow of requests to meet deadlines
- Participate, as appropriate, in the implementation of Business Intelligence tools or systems, including database design, tool selection, creation of BI interfaces, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of the specifics of healthcare data, specifically lab data
- Well versed in SQL programming, familiar with data warehouse/data mart concepts, development and use, online and web analytics marketing data
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, creativity and problem solving skills
- Ability to propose robust solutions to improve processes and proactively drive opportunities to resolution.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Experience with Web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience with statistical analysis tools (SAS, SPSS) a plus
- Advanced Excel experience, analyzing data and creating reports, including knowledge of vlookups, pivot tables, graphs, etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills including project initiation, scoping, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate and display complex data, context, and implications to both clients and management team.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, fast-evolving environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Health care industry experience a strong plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience in performing business analysis, data analysis and report development.
Medivo Inc. - 16 months ago